Recommend me a vacuum cleaner that will pick up dog hairs, hay etc!

galaxy

Visit site
Mieiles are powerful and durable. they have a large range, I'm sure one of them would be suitable (they do have bags, but suction is always good)

Suffolkangel

Visit site
I have a Hetty which is the pink version of Henry and Love it... They're industrial so have a lot of Power, mine also has a high power button for when you need that extra suction. They do have bags though...

D66

Visit site
We have a Sebo which does the job beautifully but is heavy and expensive to buy, however I think I'm getting my monies worth now because it is still going strong after at least 10 years.

Lady La La

Visit site
"mine also has a high power button for when you need that extra suction."

When would you ever hoover on half power though? :p :) mine would be on 'extra power' the whole time :eek:

Vizslak

Visit site
Love love love my dyson animal, I will go into morning the day it dies! Its done me years of loyal service with twice daily rounds, I'm very fond of it! :p :D

quirky

Visit site
Another one for the Dyson animal (DC25??)

I did have a Miele Cat & Dog but the bags were not only expensive but difficult to source locally.

Megan_T

Visit site
I LOVE my Dyson Ball.

It's quite simply, awesome :D

I don't think it's healthy to get quite this excited over a hoover, but, quite honestly, I don't care!!!!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
My Dyson died, properly dead so we got a Morphy Richards. I was very excited, cos it looked like a Cylon:D but comparably crap so went and got another Dyson, which lifts the carpet up! :D:D I need to remember to wash the filter as three dogs equals major dust. (I got rid of the cream carpet downstairs and worse, red stair carpet, after the first winter with dogs)

Dysons (not the animal one, never had it) pull like trains!

millimoo

Visit site
I have 2 Dysons, a very old DC04, and a new Dyson Animal ball.
The Dyson Animal has great attachments, and there are deals to be had if you shop around on the Internet (mine came from Lakseys). Only negative is the cylinder is much smaller than the DC04, so has to be emptied more often.
I also have a pull along Miele Dog & Cat, I prefer the Dyson..... I clearly have a vacuum cleaner fetish???!!??! And don't use any of them nearly as much as I should ;-)

Dry Rot

Visit site
We have a Sebo which does the job beautifully but is heavy and expensive to buy, however I think I'm getting my monies worth now because it is still going strong after at least 10 years.

+1

My electronics consultant made the recommendation and I saw one in the paper for £100. Best buy I ever made.

Foxhunter49

Visit site
I have 2 Dysons, a very old DC04, and a new Dyson Animal ball.
The Dyson Animal has great attachments, and there are deals to be had if you shop around on the Internet (mine came from Lakseys). Only negative is the cylinder is much smaller than the DC04, so has to be emptied more often.
I also have a pull along Miele Dog & Cat, I prefer the Dyson..... I clearly have a vacuum cleaner fetish???!!??! And don't use any of them nearly as much as I should ;-)

Another Dyson Animal fan here.

Vacuum twice a day or twice a week, you've got to be kidding!
Anyone have the answer as to why I would rather sweep an acre of concrete around the yards than three minutes vacuuming the living room!

I am still waiting for Dyson to invent a vacuum that takes up sticks and bones!

PolarSkye

Visit site
Another one for the Dyson animal (DC25??)

I did have a Miele Cat & Dog but the bags were not only expensive but difficult to source locally.

Yup . . . we really liked our Miele but sourcing the bags was a pain in the backside. We're on our second Dyson now and probably wouldn't have anything else.

P