Recommend me heavy duty cordless clippers for my cob

Passtheshampoo

Visit site
Ok so I have had Liveryman Harmony clippers which weren't powerful enough to get through my cobs coat let alone her legs so sold those. I have had my Lister Liberty cordless clippers for a few years now and they clip really well on her black hair but tend to make a right hash of the white coarser hair especially on her flanks, croup and legs . The clippers sound like they struggle a bit over these areas, get hot quickly and leave obvious clip marks. I do oil them regularly and they are cleaned out and greased as per maunfacturers handbook. I'm thinking I need to go more heavy duty cordless which is ok but I do have arthritic thumbs so anything too heavy in my hand is going to take it's toll. Any recommendations .....

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
You might find you need coarse clipper blades for your cob's legs if the hair is very thick... Makes it far easier for the clippers.

GoldenWillow

Visit site
After having some Wahl Avalon clippers, which are a bit like the Harmony ones they just about did the job but struggled, a couple of years ago I bought some Heiniger Xplorers. They've been great, get through cobs thick coat even over his back and bottom no problem. I previously had Heiniger Handy's but sold them when I moved and don't have mains electric but they are still going strong and are 18 years old so hoping these last as well as those.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I can second OP's disillusionment with the Liveryman Harmony: wouldn't shave a baby's bum-fluff let alone a hairy cob (after being assured at the sales event that Ohh nooh problem madam, these clippers would be perfect for a cob's coat :( ).

The battery has gone on the dang things, so gotta get 'em repaired; might well follow OP's example and e-bay them.

They ARE perfect for the dog though...............

Passtheshampoo

Visit site
Thanks everyone who has responded. I've reclipped today using my Lister Libertys and also my friend's Heiniger Xplorers and her Masterclip cordless. TBH they all clipped very much the same so think I just need to accept I'm just going to struggle with her peachy bum if I let the hair get too long between clips.

Surbie

Visit site
Thanks everyone who has responded. I've reclipped today using my Lister Libertys and also my friend's Heiniger Xplorers and her Masterclip cordless. TBH they all clipped very much the same so think I just need to accept I'm just going to struggle with her peachy bum if I let the hair get too long between clips.

After much dithering I've just shelled out for Lister Libertys to get through my cob's coat, so that is good to hear. Thanks for posting.