Recommend me some heated gloves and socks.

spider

community.webshots.com
Please could anyone recommend heated gloves and socks. They seem very expensive. Do they last? Do they work ok? I'm assuming rechargeable is the way to go. Some seem to have very chunky battery packs. Thanks in advance.

ginatina

Visit site
i'm also interested to hear the replies to this!

I can only recommend 'heat holders' socks - they are super cozy and warm, and quite cheap on ebay. but not heated.

chaps89

Visit site
I had some heated socks and they were a disaster. I think they cost about £150 and they work by little plastic inserts with the heating element that slipped into a pocket in the sock under your toes/the ball of your foot. This then connected to a battery pack.
OH bought me them as a present as I have reynauds and so suffer badly with the cold. He quizzed the company on durability and was reassured they stand up to tough outdoor use, good longevity and so on.
Well they last half of a sedate hack then stopped working. He'd bought me an extra pair of inserts as a back up so I tried those just incase it was a dodgy pair and they didn't fair much better.
When we spoke to the company they said it wasn't unusual and that elements would need replacing from time to time- 1 ride a go wasn't time to time in my view. We ended up getting a refund after going through trading standards.
So not a great review from me - tbh the heat holder socks are the best thing I've found, along with Equitector boots (which are a miracle product in my view!)
I'm still hunting for something that helps keep my hands warm though :(

Fransurrey

Visit site
I had some heated socks and they were a disaster. I think they cost about £150 and they work by little plastic inserts with the heating element that slipped into a pocket in the sock under your toes/the ball of your foot. This then connected to a battery pack.
OH bought me them as a present as I have reynauds and so suffer badly with the cold. He quizzed the company on durability and was reassured they stand up to tough outdoor use, good longevity and so on.
Well they last half of a sedate hack then stopped working. He'd bought me an extra pair of inserts as a back up so I tried those just incase it was a dodgy pair and they didn't fair much better.
When we spoke to the company they said it wasn't unusual and that elements would need replacing from time to time- 1 ride a go wasn't time to time in my view. We ended up getting a refund after going through trading standards.
So not a great review from me - tbh the heat holder socks are the best thing I've found, along with Equitector boots (which are a miracle product in my view!)

I also rate the heat holder socks, combined with Sealskinz thermal rating 5 gloves. You can't buy these in the shops unless they order them especially. I'm planning to buy these bad boys after I double check the size of the one I have at home. I lost the other on a walk (sob!), but also have Raynauds, so can't afford to be without waterproof thermal gloves in the winter.

https://www.sealskinz.com/gloves/extreme-cold-weather-gloves-black.htm

ETA: These ones have leather palms, which from experience are warmer than their synthetic counterparts. I clean them using the spray on CDM tack cleaner and conditioner.

Last edited:

Casey76

Visit site
I can’t recommend any heated gloves or socks, but I can recommend the hand warmers from Decathlon

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/Buy/Handwarmer#product_8373954

Each one lasts approx 6 hours and gets to 65C (though I’ve found they are still quite toasty after 12 hours) They keep me going all winter! (they also do sticky ones for inside boots, and special ones for the body too)

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
I can’t recommend any heated gloves or socks, but I can recommend the hand warmers from Decathlon

Each one lasts approx 6 hours and gets to 65C (though I’ve found they are still quite toasty after 12 hours) They keep me going all winter! (they also do sticky ones for inside boots, and special ones for the body too)

oooo they look promising!!!! Thank you :) :)

spider

community.webshots.com

Oh thanks for sharing your experience. Perhaps not such a good idea then!

spider

community.webshots.com

Thank you these sound worth a look. Will also look at heat holders socks as a few people have recommended them. Thanks everyone for your comments.

spider

community.webshots.com
I also rate the heat holder socks, combined with Sealskinz thermal rating 5 gloves. You can't buy these in the shops unless they order them especially. I'm planning to buy these bad boys after I double check the size of the one I have at home. I lost the other on a walk (sob!), but also have Raynauds, so can't afford to be without waterproof thermal gloves in the winter.

https://www.sealskinz.com/gloves/extreme-cold-weather-gloves-black.htm

ETA: These ones have leather palms, which from experience are warmer than their synthetic counterparts. I clean them using the spray on CDM tack cleaner and conditioner.

Thanks for the link. These sound great.