Recommend me some riders to copy!

daydreamer

Visit site
I recently bought a Pivo so have managed to film myself schooling a few times. The plan is to watch the recordings so I can see what I need to improve. Does anyone do this successfully?

I'm not a very visual person and realised I don't always have a clear picture of what for example a great working trot or working canter would look like so I sometimes find it hard to pinpoint what it wrong.

Can anyone recommend some riders who have good position/nice way or riding so I can try and find some videos of them to watch. I'm not looking for super flashy riding - to be honest some of the big moving dressage horses and higher dressage movements just feel a bit irrelevant when I am just trying to get a straight walk, trot and canter and maybe a bit of leg yield! Also some of the very long limbed riders would be impossible for me to match - as I have a long body and short little legs! I have added a (slightly blurry) picture from a recent session in case anyone was interested.

Thanks

27_10_20 position.jpg

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
The first thing to aim for is shoulder hip heel in a straight line. In your picture, both your shoulders and your heel are in front of your hip. The solution to that is probably to move your hips forwards, but an instructor might have a better idea. .

daydreamer

Visit site
Thanks. I think that saddle encourages my knee forwards as a video of another horse I ride doesn’t seem to show that.
I do have regular lessons but wanted to use the video as an extra tool.

Cob Life

Visit site
Thanks. I think that saddle encourages my knee forwards as a video of another horse I ride doesn’t seem to show that.
I do have regular lessons but wanted to use the video as an extra tool.
Maybe try dropping your stirrups a hole?
I had the same issue, pushed my leg back into the correct position and stirrups felt short, dropped them a hole and the problem seems to b fixed

TPO

Visit site
Carl Hester, all day long (he's a better rider than CDJ; she's a better competitor - not the same thing ;)).

We will all have our personal favourites, but some of the people mentioned on here would most certainly not be on my list...........

Each to their own

I'd be happy to emulate 5* riders

alexomahony

Visit site
I follow a girl on insta called Cornelia Rylan - she's a Swedish SJ'er and I could watch her ride all day long. Such a strong core and quiet hands and legs. She is who I *try* to imitate whilst riding :)

Another is Becky Hartley - 'bexheventing'. Another very quiet rider <3