Recommend Quality Riding Lessons in Cheshire

Outofpractice

New User
Visit site
I've moved to the area recently (Holmes Chapel) and don't know anyone horsey locally, so would be really grateful for any recommendation of where I could have some good quality private/small group lessons.

I'm quite a good rider, I've owned horses all my life and until recently would compete in 90cm one day events and do a bit of hunting.

However, I recently had a baby so haven't ridden in nearly two years and won't be able to have my own horse again for a good few years.

I've tried one or two standard riding schools but I am after a little bit more then trotting round to the back of the class.

Can anyone offer any advice or recommendations?

Many thanks in advance!

Fanatical

Visit site
I'd also say Willington Hall, or a bit further afield, Ingestre - if you want really advanced schoolmasters.

abbijay

Visit site
I'm in Sandbach and I used to travel to Butterlands on Biddulph Moor before I had my own. The owner is a keen hunter, his son in law is Andrew Downes and they often have home bred ex-eventers come into the riding school. In years gone by he used to take us out to Somerford and things and he would take capable riders out hunting with him. Evening lessons used to be much more than follow the leader and there was a real breadth of horses there. If you have evented you may enjoy his lessons.

WelshCManiac

Visit site
So I have a really good Instructor from clip and canter but she is booked up and I'm not sure if she will come to cheshire... it's a bit far away from Liverpool ( she might do as it's only a bit:p)

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Cheshire Riding School or Willington Hall are both good I rode at both before I got my horse.

I was going to say the same.
Willington Hall got my confidence back but CRS is closer. Both are very high standard but CRS is bigger and has more facilities (farm ride for on site hacking)

Rosemary28

Visit site
I would also recommend Butterlands on Biddulph Moor, I learnt to ride there and they always had a good range of horses/ponies in. Wouldn't be too bad to get to from Holmes Chapel either (I'm in Macclesfield).

mga4ever

Visit site
I used to go there many many many years ago. The lady who ran it then has since died but she was helped by her daughter who now runs it. I was also on the yard as a livery having lessons on my own pony and they were always good. It used to be known as Derbyshire's.

Micky

Visit site
Birtles again..thoroughly recommend sally, if you want to learn to ride and not be a passenger and not go round n round in circles, she’s the place to go..