Recommend some boots...

L

lilym

Chunky welsh D, need some good boots for schooling and hacking, and beggining to jump- we have some really muddy paths around us and his sharer is concerned about him hurting himself, (I have never really booted any of mine
blush.gif
) We were thinking along the lines of some tendon boots, toss up between N.E.W Equilibrium or Mark Todd. Or is there anything else out there - what are your views on the schooling wraps - they look nice but are thay actually that good??

trendybraincell

Visit site
If your just after some for schooling, why not just some brushing boots...woof wear do a medium wide size which are excellent for shorter canon bones, its what I use on my D.

I would only use tendon boots if your doing some serious jumping, until then brushing boots would surfice.

mikh

Visit site
For muddy paths, avoid neoprene, try premier equine they have a sale on boots at the mo. I turnout in their air cooled competition boots and they are amazing.

Roody2

Visit site
N.E.W are excellent but very expensive. You would probably be just as well with some Woof club brushing boots for the work you will be doing - very good value for money and mine have lasted me 4 years and 3 different horses!!
I've also got the old style Equilibrium tri-zone brushing boots which are good and secure with the double close velcro - you may want to look at a boot with double close velcro if you are in muddy terrain as they will be less likely to come undone. (Woof do a brushing boot with this)
I think Mark Todd look like good value for money but I haven't actually used them so can't comment on how good they are.

Little_Miss_1

Visit site
Yep, WoofWear are a good general purpose boot. Also, for the work you will be doing the brushing boot will give you better all round protection than the tendon boot.

Woof boots are so reliable, so hardwearing, do different types to fit different horses and such a bargin for how long they last. Have had mine years.

monkeybum13

Visit site
woof wear brushing boots
I use my mum's that are over 20 years old, a quick wash in washing machine and they look as good as new!

Tbh I'm not sure on schooling wraps. Personally I don't think they give the protection of boots or support of bandages. I see them as people who want to look like they've got bandages on but are too lazy to bandage
crazy.gif

rlhnlk

Visit site
I used to be a dedicated NEW fan - all my boots were these. Then I got a pair of premier equine xc boots. They are just as good and really cheap (£28 ones). They will give all round protection as closed fronted plus you have a tendon guard. I've had mine a year now and they are washed every time I use them and are still going strong. Also, whilst I'm in danger of sounding like a rep, I've ordered twice from them and the stuff was here by lunchtime the next day for a standard postage charge.