Recommendations for a calmer please

littlebranshill

www.littlebranshill.co.uk
Can anyone recommend a calmer that I can use for me horse on competition days? He gets very worried in the warm-up and does not like all the horses coming past him. People have recommended that I just keep going out and he will eventually get used to it. WRONG! I've been out and about for a couple of years now and if anything he is getting worse - probably I'm getting tense now. Anyway, I thought I would try a calmer to see if that works ..... so .... recommendations please

Pinkvboots

Visit site
One of my Arabs really dislikes horses coming past and coming towards us, I have tried all kinds of things over the years and some days are better than others but his 17 now and I just think it's how he is, I only really show him so I tend to warm him up when it's quieter and thankfully he doesn't need lots of riding beforehand which helps.

He is just the same at home if the school is busy it just winds him up so I avoid busy times to ride, there is a product that you put in there nostrils and it's meant to keep them calm I can't remember the name of it but I know a few showing people that use it and swear by it, I will try and get the name of it for you.

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
What are you competing in? I only ask as my boy is fine warming up for dressage but can be a tit warming up for sj. So for sj I just don't warm up really. I keep out of everyones way, I don't go near the warm up jump.

RHM

Visit site
Mine can be tense in the SJ warmup. I give calming cookies and try to warm up in a field away from others. I go in once warm to pop a few fences then straight into the class. Don’t know if the calming cookies make a huge difference but they make me feel better!

Visit site
Could you also look at perhaps Kalms tablets for yourself. That will help you to feel less anxious and mean she won’t be picking up on your anxiety also.

NOISYGIRL2

Visit site
look at the energy in what you are feeding as well but the best thing i found was stepfree from hack up its now called liquid caalm