Recommendations for a 'pick me up' supplement?

Elvis

Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good supplement or tonic to help bolster the immune system and to act as a bit of a winter pick me up? I'm just conscious that my horse loses a little sparkle over winter and the year before last picked up a virus so I'd rather give him a helping hand.

Visit site
NAF Ecchinicea is brilliant! Fed it to my boy earlier this year as an Immune System booster after he picked up a Virus and then had a couple of sheath infections and it seemed to work really well and he liked the taste of it too! :)

Elvis

Visit site
Hmmmm I do wonder if he might benefit from the iron, all of his previous blood tests have only just been within normal boundaries for red and white blood cells...and occasionally just below the normal boundaries.

muckypony

Visit site
I'm interested on peoples views on the Propelled Plus tonic? My boy could also do with a pick me up and that sounds ideal. Anyone used?

PS sorry to hijack!!

Elvis

Visit site
I'm interested on peoples views on the Propelled Plus tonic? My boy could also do with a pick me up and that sounds ideal. Anyone used?

PS sorry to hijack!!

Hijack away! :) I think quite a few horses struggle during winter. My horse is still in a decent amount of work and although he's still fine to ride he's definitely lost a bit of sparkle.

Elvis

Visit site
My goodness, sounds like there's quite a few that might work. Might be a case of trial and elimination! But thank you all for the suggestions.

Izzwizz

Visit site
"Event" is a good one. A horse on my yard goes a bit flat during the Winter months and the owner gets him this, she gets it from the Vets but you may be able to get online too.

Booga22

Visit site
Recently put my girl on Propell Plus following a virus & several visits to the vets (long story!) - she picked up very quickly on it & is back to her old self so tempted to keep her ticking over on it over the next few cold & miserable months ;)

chocolategirl

Visit site
Never mind my horse!could seriously do with one of these for myself! I always seem to go down with colds and chest infections this time of year.

Quidamme

New User
Visit site
I have tried Propel, red cell & Event...all v good but the best by far is B+ by HackUp, I think it is also known as Boost. My mare went a bit flat and disinterested- for no reason, so I tried the B+ and she was back to herself the next day! I now give it to her the night before and morning before a show and she definitely has plenty of sparkle. She also seems to have found gears she didn't have before and is keen to work :)

Quidamme

New User
Visit site
WinkingWillow after giving the horse B vits I have started taking B12 vitamins which I bought from america and I have perked up no end! worth a try!

Elvis

Visit site
WinkingWillow after giving the horse B vits I have started taking B12 vitamins which I bought from america and I have perked up no end! worth a try!

It might try and get hold of some B12 victims then, I'm on my 3rd cold in 6 weeks! And I've got a cough I just can't shift.