Recommendations for a pilates dvd

Breagha

Visit site
I am looking for recommendatins for a good pilates DVD. My chiropractor has suggested I go to classes but at the moment with work and the horses and the travel involved, I just do no have the time to go to a class until we move into our new house next year. So thought I would get a DVD that is aimed at horse riders or generally loosening off my hips??

Any help welcome :D

Breagha

Visit site
thank you. I think I need the boring one just now until I free of my hips - save my chiropractor shouting at me haha!

9tails

Visit site
If you're looking to loosen your hips, yoga focuses on flexibility so would be a good start point for the initial freeing up experience. I really like Yoga with Adriene on YouTube, especially her 30 days of yoga as pretty much anybody can do that and they're short - some being less than 20 minutes. Her Revolution series is more intense and they're 30 minutes long in general.

There are loads of suggestions on YouTube if you search pilates for horse riders, I probably wouldn't buy a DVD as it's all available for free.

Breagha

Visit site
than you. I will have a look on YouTube. Never even thought to look on there to be honest. I Just want to start out doing 10 - 15 mins a night or every 2nd night to get into the swing of it.

9tails

Visit site
If you like it you will get really into it and want to improve every time you practice. There are some poses that I couldn't do at first, but although still not totally graceful I can definitely do a lot more even over a few months. My riding has improved no end, I do a lot more bareback as I feel my balance is now so much better.

Breagha

Visit site
I really want to improve on everything as next year my horse will be 6 and I want to really get going on her and take her some more shows.

Bareback is a good idea, I might have to do more of that also, Breagha is quite flat backed with no wither so very comfy. Thank you

Pilatesclare

Visit site
I think if you are going to do either Pilates or yoga then you really should try and get to a studio and have a private session first especially as you are having issues. This will help ypu learn the basic techniques so you can practise alone. Both Pilates and yoga are very easy to do wrong which at best will be of no benefit and and worst, you could injure yourself or make your problems worse.

I'm a Pilates teacher and happy to help if I can, feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Breagha

Visit site
I think if you are going to do either Pilates or yoga then you really should try and get to a studio and have a private session first especially as you are having issues. This will help ypu learn the basic techniques so you can practise alone. Both Pilates and yoga are very easy to do wrong which at best will be of no benefit and and worst, you could injure yourself or make your problems worse.

I'm a Pilates teacher and happy to help if I can, feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

At the moment going to a studio, I would be very hard pushed. With the amount of travelling I do between home, work and the horses x3, I just do not have a lot of spare time until our house is built early next year (closer to work and the horse). So need to start somewhere, even at home. I will pop a pm to you as maybe you could point me in the right direction.

jx