Recommendations for anatomical bridles please!

char_f94

Visit site
Hello!

I am looking for a new bridle (black) for my sensitive mare. I have seen the ones where the straps run over the top of the bridle rather than underneath which I like the idea of. Not too worried about price, under £100 would be wonderful but I do not mind spending extra if it is worth it.

We have tried Micklem, she absolutely hated it :(

Thanks in advance!

Cowpony

Visit site
I have a Silver Crown. Cut away ears, padded headpiece and noseband, noseband buckles on to headpiece on both sides so no extra strap over the top, lovely soft leather. Mine was about £160 excluding reins. My mare also hated the Micklem. I didn't even ride her in it, she so obviously didn't like it as soon as I put it on her.

DirectorFury

Visit site
Henry James Saddlery do cheap anatomical bridles - you put all the parts together on the website which is wonderful if you have a weird horse that needs an XF headpiece, full noseband, and cob cheekpieces (like mine)! Total cost is usually ~£75 inc. their lovely eventer reins. Leather is lovely for the price and nicer than the £350 PS of Sweden I had my eye on.

Another option is Dy'on. I had one of the cheapest ones they do at £120 from Sederholm. It's been used loads over 4 years and, when cleaned, still looks brand new. The leather and stitching is spot on. I've only changed it because my mare's head has grown.

char_f94

Visit site
My mare also hated the Micklem. I didn't even ride her in it, she so obviously didn't like it as soon as I put it on her.

I rode for a grand total of 10 minutes and did not even get out of walk, she was so uncomfortable. I will have a look at Silver Crown, thank you!

char_f94

Visit site
Henry James Saddlery do cheap anatomical bridles - you put all the parts together on the website which is wonderful if you have a weird horse that needs an XF headpiece, full noseband, and cob cheekpieces (like mine)! Total cost is usually ~£75 inc. their lovely eventer reins. Leather is lovely for the price and nicer than the £350 PS of Sweden I had my eye on.

Yes I have seen them advertised on Facebook and thought they looked lovely quality, glad to hear from someone that has actually seen them in the flesh! Think I will give them a try! Thank you :)