Recommendations for best vit/min supplement please!

SEL

Visit site
I like forage plus esp because they are very good on email discussions with you about issues with your horse etc. They mainly do powders but have a new pellet one which I haven't tried yet. Equimins also really good.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
It really depends what your grazing/hay/haylage is like, what you already feed and whether your horse is deficient in anything from its diet but if you don't know the answer to that and you are just looking for an all round winter balancer either Forage Plus or Equimins are both excellent. FP have no fillers, low iron and it has transformed my Connies feet over the past 18 months.

Ellietotz

Visit site
It really depends what your grazing/hay/haylage is like, what you already feed and whether your horse is deficient in anything from its diet but if you don't know the answer to that and you are just looking for an all round winter balancer either Forage Plus or Equimins are both excellent. FP have no fillers, low iron and it has transformed my Connies feet over the past 18 months.

She lives out 24/7 but I just want to feed a really basic diet and ensure that she gets the essential vits and mins.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
She lives out 24/7 but I just want to feed a really basic diet and ensure that she gets the essential vits and mins.

My two live out at night and are in during the day for about 6 hours so more out than in and I feed hay as their main staple for bulk and to keep everything moving. As a carrier for the FP balancer they have a mix of well soaked Haycobs with basic chaff as my field is bare and I like to keep some kind of wet feed going through their systems. Neither are rugged ATM and looking very well on their simple rations.

Personally I like to keep feed as straightforward as possible, no mixes, low sugar, starch and iron as one is a Laminitis risk I am very particular about what he eats all year round. The Connie could probably benefit from some Linseed but that's about it.

flying_high

Visit site
IME the key thing is they will eat the vitamin and mineral supplement. I've struggled to get mine to eat any powdered supplement with magnesium oxide in it.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
That's interesting FH as it's genuinely considere one of the more tasteless (coming from someone who has had issues with other stuff!)

equimins adv. complete (particularly if you need a pellet) the mag is a bit low.
Forage plus
pro_earth (pro hoof)
equivita.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Forageplus, equimins or progressive earth. Almost all of the other brands have too much iron.