recommendations for ménage construction companies

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I had Manchester Plastics granules with grit, AA. It was very dusty in dry weather. A friend has an original Pasada surface which is very deep when dry and she has been looking for a fibre additive to stabilise it.

The reason I love HHo and all the experience kindly shared. Thank you.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Not sure how helpful this is but our school has a sand + fibre with rubber on top and has been fab! Doesn't freeze, not dusty but can make for mucky legs, just as a type of surface I've found works in all weathers and I'm quite sure it wont have been the dearest knowing our yard owners ;).

JillA

Visit site
Have had several pm about this company from people too frightened to post their experiences on here. Needless to say all have been ripped off. Most asked him to return to fix bad workmanship on menages and stables. Once he had been paid he never returned, and as he issued no warranties they were helpless. Some of the experiences are shocking.

He has written to me threatening legal action because of a Private message (!) I sent to someone on FB asking a similar question. I asked for his postal address and it wasn't forthcoming, instead a further threat of a letter from his solicitor. If that comes I will insist on a postal address for him and let you know so you can pass it on. I am not in the slightest bit worried, I know the law, but I will end up by letting everyone on FB know his tactics -the proper response to criticism is to up your game, not threaten legal action
Nasty piece of work - spread the word, he really shouldn't be taking peoples' hard earned money

AdorableAlice

Visit site
He has written to me threatening legal action because of a Private message (!) I sent to someone on FB asking a similar question. I asked for his postal address and it wasn't forthcoming, instead a further threat of a letter from his solicitor. If that comes I will insist on a postal address for him and let you know so you can pass it on. I am not in the slightest bit worried, I know the law, but I will end up by letting everyone on FB know his tactics -the proper response to criticism is to up your game, not threaten legal action
Nasty piece of work - spread the word, he really shouldn't be taking peoples' hard earned money

What a twit, he must be deluded.

Oswestry Horse

Visit site
He has written to me threatening legal action because of a Private message (!) I sent to someone on FB asking a similar question. I asked for his postal address and it wasn't forthcoming, instead a further threat of a letter from his solicitor. If that comes I will insist on a postal address for heat is he tim and let you know so you can pass it on. I am not in the slightest bit worried, I know the law, but I will end up by letting everyone on FB know his tactics -the proper response to criticism is to up your game, not threaten legal action
What is he threatening you with? If it was a private message how did he see it. Suspect it idle threat. Apparantly it is not a proper company. Not registered at Companies House, so just a cowboy & chancer!

JillA

Visit site
Libel lol - he has no idea, only millionaires can afford a libel action in the High Court, and not only that, you have to demonstrate that what has been written ins untrue.
I have sent a query to CAB asking if it is a requirement of a company that they supply an address for service, meanwhile I am happy for him to waste his money on idle threats and legal advice etc. Then I think I will go public (with the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth lol) about how he tries to bully anyone who criticizes him

Last edited:

Oswestry Horse

Visit site
According to Gov UK all limited companies and sole traders have to display their name/ company name and business address, on all correspondence. Something very suspicious about this character!

Oswestry Horse

Visit site
Ménage getting closer! What did you do with surplus soil, I have two options either spread on field or take away. Any idea of cost to take away. Don't really want field out of action for 12 months

JillA

Visit site
Mine was used to partly fill a pond in the field, but you could offer it on somewhere like Freecycle, especially if it is topsoil. You might need to accommodate it for a time while people organise collecting it. Or ask local nurseries?
(BTW I am still trying to get a postal address for Shropshire Paddock Care, with the help of CAB and Trading Standards)

Merlod

Visit site
Mine was used to partly fill a pond in the field, but you could offer it on somewhere like Freecycle, especially if it is topsoil. You might need to accommodate it for a time while people organise collecting it. Or ask local nurseries?
(BTW I am still trying to get a postal address for Shropshire Paddock Care, with the help of CAB and Trading Standards)

https://www.buymelocal.co.uk/b/shropshire-paddock-care/

JillA

Visit site
Oh thanks - that's him, although last I heard he was operating out of Telford. Same mobile no. though so has to be an accommodation address. Oswestry Horse do you want to pass that on to the people who had a problem with his work?

JillA

Visit site
Maybe it's time to ask on FB. Either that or send letters to all of them (not recorded, in the hope that the occupant will open it) and see what response they get - are your contacts still interested in pursuing him? CAB have been particularly useless I have to say - quoting parts of the legislation but not really answering the question.

Mari

Visit site
Haven't read all the posts but KLH Arenas installed mine when we moved here 19 years ago & it's been brilliant. They work throughout the UK, brought a caravan & lived in it for the 2 weeks it took them to install my 40 x 20 from scratch. So well organised, never had to wait for delivery of materials. Then they came back 12 months later to check all was ok. I've never had any problem or issues with the arena, or KLH. It's used every day, albeit only by me & my 2 or 3 horses. I look after it well (money was hard earned & saved to pay for it), remove droppings, harrow, roll, maintain fence etc. When needed. I use a quad bike as they told me not to allow heavy vehicles on as that is what destroys the drains. Maybe they're not the cheapest you'll find but I would use them again.

JillA

Visit site
Must be a reason for living under the radar!

Yes, so no-one can serve him with court papers :(

I have given him chapter and verse on what the law says, and he has (finally, after trying to bully me) agreed - at some point in the future - to add an address to his website. Meanwhile CAB have passed the problem on to Trading Standards, since they no longer deal direct with the public. So they will be checking up on him as well - can you let your contacts know (I did message you last week)

Oswestry Horse

Visit site
Yes, so no-one can serve him with court papers :(

I have given him chapter and verse on what the law says, and he has (finally, after trying to bully me) agreed - at some point in the future - to add an address to his website. BeenMeanwhile CAB have passed the problem on to Trading Standards, since they no longer deal direct with the public. So they will be checking up on him as well - can you let your contacts know (I did message you last week)
Been having problems with logging in, have messaged you this morning
Doubt very much he will add an address

JillA

Visit site
Contact CAB (Consumer advice) and encourage everyone else to do the same. They pass information to Shropshire Trading Standards, and the more people who generate those reports, the more pressure on TS to take action
Still no address on his website - that is a criminal offence but no officialdom seems interested

JillA

Visit site
Well I have received a threatening voicemail which I have kept and am speaking to the Police about I am also ensuring my yard is covered by CCTV and neighbours keeping watch. Nice eh? But from now on please discuss by private message, they clearly read this forum