Recommendations for small dog harness

greenroof

Visit site
I have a small Jack Russell terrier, weighing 5.5kg. I can't take her out on the lead with a collar, because she does a little wiggle and slips out of the collar even though I tighten it a hole before we go out. I have also tried a harness that was fitted at pets at home. She steps backwards and wiggles out of this too, so she is not safe to take a walk. Can anyone recommend a harness that she won't be able to wiggle out of? She loves going down the field and chasing anything that moves, and she is fairly safe there, but she doesn't like going walks. She is very clever.

eatmyshorts

Visit site
Check out a company called SASS - they do sled dog gear - & can make harnesses to order, including with a belly strap to stop dogs who back out of harnesses (& you don't get much sneakier than a sneaky husky!). Albeit, it will be a sled dog harness, designed for pulling, but perhaps for your little madam may just do the trick :)

eatmyshorts

Visit site
I was thinking more of the escaping from the harness element BC - would the walking harness not be pretty similar to what she can presently back out of? Same with Manmat's Chicco.

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
YMMV but I think that even with a belly strap long harnesses are easier to back out of than short ones; a racing dog will be additionally attached by a neck line anyway.

Last ditch effort would be a slip collar or chain attached to the harness with a neck line. I had to do this for one of mine looooong ago and it's effective, if a bit faffy.

Worst wiggling/reversing culprit has to be the Julius K9! :p

Cahill

Visit site
interesting article popped up on fb about harnesses sitting on point of shoulder...
Reflections on chest harnesses
TIERPHYSIOTHERAPIE BRIGITTE JOST·MONDAY, JANUARY 29, 2018