Recommendations for stable manufacturers

i_lurf_smurf

Visit site
Hi all

Looking to erect a timber stable block at home for the horses. In the process of getting quotes but wondered if anyone had any companies they would recommend (or equally would not recommend!)

Feel free to PM if you would rather.

South East area

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Ascot timber buildings, they are in Fernhurst.
Not the cheapest but bloody good service and very durable stables and shelters. I have a 1986 block of 3 from them, also a 1996 2 stable and hay barn block (all from their Windsor range), plus a 2011 mobile shelter, a 2012 static one, and the very old 1977 2 stables (from their predecessor Eagle buildings) which has been a double shelter for 20 years now since I pulled the partition out and doors off.
They've replaced a couple of translucent roof sheets when they got broken, also re roofed the oldest one about 20 years ago too, when they were putting in a fixed shelter for me.

Follysmum

Visit site
Can recommend national stables
They put mine up for us and were professional and efficient all the way through the process.

Hollychops

Visit site
I had 2 stables, barn and tackroom built in an L shape by Redmire 5 years ago. Very professional and apart from a misunderstanding between my builder and the lady on reception re the brickwork diagram they were great. Stables up in approx 2 days with no issues since.

i_lurf_smurf

Visit site
I had 2 stables, barn and tackroom built in an L shape by Redmire 5 years ago. Very professional and apart from a misunderstanding between my builder and the lady on reception re the brickwork diagram they were great. Stables up in approx 2 days with no issues since.

Redmire are near the top of my list actually, although was hesitant due to lack of reviews available online, so it's good to hear this!!

rextherobber

Visit site
Oakley Stables at Liphook, excellent quality and the whole thing was straightforward.Very pleasant people to deal with. The stables have a 4"X2" frame rather than 3x2,and are overlap cladded ( can't remember what it's called) rather than shiplap... Fellow HHOer sent me pics of their block which was 5years old, and looked like new. Very pleased with them.

riversideeu

Visit site
Harlows are brilliant and good value for money. Top end but cheaper than others of the same quality. Mine at our old house were over 30 years old and still in excellent condition.

DenRams

New User
Visit site
Hi all

Looking to erect a timber stable block at home for the horses. In the process of getting quotes but wondered if anyone had any companies they would recommend (or equally would not recommend!)

Feel free to PM if you would rather.

South East area
Hi
I see that you asked for stable manufacturer recommendations last year. I wondered who you decided to use in the end and if you are happy with them. Just at the beginning of the process!