Recommendations: Moving to Melton Mowbray

myheartinahoofbeat

Visit site
I'm moving to Melton Mowbray next month and I don't know anyone in the area. I'm after recommendations for all things horsey. Farriers, Vets, Saddlers and Freelance grooms etc.. Any suggestions greatly received. Thank you.

outinthefens88

Visit site
Nicola at Buckaroo Saddlery (based near Loughborough now NO LONGER at Vale View equestrian) but travels around - can be hard to get hold of but very through. Vets fairly sure you are in the catchment of Tower Vets at Grimsthorpe although may depend what side of Melton Mowbray you are so check first. R and R Country is from memory just down the road.

Follysmum

Visit site
I worked that way many years ago and Richard Spence was an excellent farrier if he is still working. R and R is excellent. If you are into xc there is a fantastic course just outside Somerby with Angus Smales

ITPersonnage

Visit site
Richard Spence is indeed still working, you may be getting him mixed up with Stuart his father who's still going too. Another farrier is Bob Blackwood who is excellent and will also be helpful/supportive if you are a barefoot fan, he swings both ways :) Lovely chap too.

I used Hormann Equine vets (Kate)