Recommended helmet cams?

wattamus

Visit site
I know it's probably been done (but can't find it)
Can you recommend a helmet cam for hacking?
Getting fed up of the random idiots coming flying past me, luckily my horse is fantastic in traffic (even if she doesn't want to walk forward!)
Think a helmet cam may slow them down!
Thanks!

Shay

Visit site
The cam alone won;t stop them - you also need to advertise that you are carrying one. There is a Hi Viz company tat do camera warning hi viz. But the embedded cameras are just Muvi's from Amazon. Nothing wrong with them - they are very effective. But you need an expansion card for more than about 40 minutes. The more of us who do this and get dangerous drivers prosecuted the more the word will spread.

Wait... I sounded like a cyclist there...

wattamus

Visit site
The cam alone won;t stop them - you also need to advertise that you are carrying one. There is a Hi Viz company tat do camera warning hi viz. But the embedded cameras are just Muvi's from Amazon. Nothing wrong with them - they are very effective. But you need an expansion card for more than about 40 minutes. The more of us who do this and get dangerous drivers prosecuted the more the word will spread.

Wait... I sounded like a cyclist there...
I have a tabbard are that says “smile you are on camera” as it came with a small camera that attaches to the chest, but I want one that attaches to my hat so you get a “riders view” if you know what I mean? Thank you for the suggestions, I’ll have a nosey!

NLPM

Visit site
I want one that attaches to my hat so you get a “riders view” if you know what I mean?

I got a cambox isi3 (?) for my birthday, and really like it. The only issue is the 90 minute battery. It's not very obvious, though so probably not a useful deterrent.

Yeomans

Visit site
I have the GoPro. Excellent, easy to switch on and off.. Good picture and sound. Would highly recommend.

fabbydo

Visit site
I have a HWK. Very small and fits neatly on my hat. Good film and sound quality but only 90mins battery.

TotalMadgeness

Visit site
I bought an HC 1080 HD Bullet Action Helmet Camera with a spare battery from Retail Gadgets so I can get over 90 mins recording. Cheap & cheerful - I use a velcro strap around my helmet and wear a hi viz jacket which says SAFETY CAMERA.

ponyparty

Visit site
OH bought me a "Yi" action cam. I put it on my hat using a go-pro helmet attachment, it fits. I'm assuming it's a fraction of the price of a go pro. I have bought cheap copies before and they've been absolutely RUBBISH, but this one is really good and easy to use!