Red Gorilla products

holeymoley

Visit site
Pretty cheesed, new Red Gorilla bucket I bought as water bucket for youngster only 5 months ago has just broken- handle came clean off. It’s in great condition, never been dragged/bitten/whatever, I literally fill half way and use another bucket to top up fully.

Should I complain to them or is that a bit ott?! Even the smaller ones for feed are no way as thick or robust as my older ones. Not too fussed on them though as youngster bound to step on them at some point but still, product seems inferior.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Mine (not Red Gorilla) did last week, again absolutely no reason for it to break off, I'd only had it a month if that so was pretty annoyed and replaced it with a Red Gorilla one yesterday as they are so much better quality...... maybe not though. Annoying!

Jambarissa

Visit site
Probably not after 5 months.

Mine lasted a week before the handle ripped off. I have trugs that I rescued from the bin 10 years ago that are still going strong!

Half the people on my yard use red gorilla because they like matching colours but I've found most items I've borrowed pretty poor.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I find i break them usually either as the base by dragging them full across from tap to stable or of i half fill and carry it they split at the bent bit so they dont last me long anyway.

Maybe the ones from supermarkets might be better as much cheaper so could just buy a few

HopOnTrot

Visit site
We have them as it’s what’s sold locally, water buckets 3 years old and fine but the feed buckets are warped into ovals, I keep thinking I’ll fill them with hot water and reshape!

holeymoley

Visit site
My other gelding’s is around 4 years old and looks as good as new. I actually have a green one that’s a skip out bucket, bought in 2005 and still robust and in working order! I have no idea what’s happened to this, I lifted it(half full) and it snapped clean off!

Probably not after 5 months.

Mine lasted a week before the handle ripped off. I have trugs that I rescued from the bin 10 years ago that are still going strong!

Half the people on my yard use red gorilla because they like matching colours but I've found most items I've borrowed pretty poor.
Interesting that you wouldn’t as it’s 5months old, surely it should be expected to last a lot longer than that?

Jambarissa

Visit site
My other gelding’s is around 4 years old and looks as good as new. I actually have a green one that’s a skip out bucket, bought in 2005 and still robust and in working order! I have no idea what’s happened to this, I lifted it(half full) and it snapped clean off!

Interesting that you wouldn’t as it’s 5months old, surely it should be expected to last a lot longer than that?
I think it's just impossible to show it hasn't been mistreated if you've had it any length of time. In my case of a week old I might have has a case but the place I bought it from has terrible customer service at the best of times so I just chucked it.

nutjob

Visit site
I find i break them usually either as the base by dragging them full across from tap to stable or of i half fill and carry it they split at the bent bit so they dont last me long anyway.
This happens to me, then I use them for planting vegetables. For horses, the only one's I've found which last are those made from tyre rubber.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
We have four rigid buckets, bought about 30 years ago, about the size of the big water trugs. They had rope handles that we removed and they are still usable as stable water buckets, tbh I can see why they stopped making them, there is no money in a bucket that lasts that long!

Peglo

Visit site
My red gorilla buckets usually last about 2 years before they get a hole or a handle rips. A few months would have me a bit grumpy but they aren’t expensive so not sure I’d complain.

I got a bucket for my first pony that lasted 18 years. Absolutely no damage to it at all but they obviously don’t make them like that anymore or wouldn’t sell as many. Bucket is still intact, only not in use as pony died.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
We have four rigid buckets, bought about 30 years ago, about the size of the big water trugs. They had rope handles that we removed and they are still usable as stable water buckets, tbh I can see why they stopped making them, there is no money in a bucket that lasts that long!
Well that is very true!!😂

Reacher

Visit site
I think the handles are very flimsy and don’t normally last that long . I’ve had a couple as feed buckets which didn’t last long

Last edited:

spotty_pony2

Visit site
I’ve just bought one of their new colourful skip type buckets for feeding. I thought it would be flexible and rubber but it doesn’t bend 🙈 it is rather smart though and very easy to clean so I do like it.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I've bought one Gorilla product - the 30cm-wide broom.

Hate it!

The handle unscrews from the base as you use it - I mean, who designs a broom that does that?!?
😫 a yard I work at has them and they have screwed the head in but even with that issue fixed they are rubbish as everything sticks to the bristles and they are too stiff for dry dusty yards