Red horse hoof stuff for Central sulcus

galaxy

Visit site
Just want to highly recommend this product.... It's brilliant! I have been trying to floss and clean my mares sulcus for months, but as soon as she goes out it fills with dirt again. I've been using hoof stuff for just over a week and the sulcus is clearly healing up and getting smaller already! It's fantastic. I reckon another couple of weeks it will have healed up completely!

I clean the sulcus with a dilute hibiscrub solution, dry with kitchen roll and then stuff with Hoof Stuff. I do it every other day. It definitely works!

https://redhorseproducts.com/shop-2/hoof-care/hoof-stuff/

Last edited:

0310Star

Visit site
I am so glad to see this, currently have 2 threads with the deep sulcus problem (TR and VHC) and have just ordered some hoof stuff! Hopefully it arrives quickly :)

Capriole

Visit site
I read a really good review the other day on their Field Paste, as well. Will definitely give this brand a try if I need this sort of product.

Rosie'smum

Visit site
I really like the field paste although Im still playing around with how much to put on. Not sure weather its worth putting it on in the field as When i cover her whole hoof it only stays in the deep grooves. Its quite funny as she has left a trail of white on the way to the field :p

_HP_

Visit site
I really like the field paste although Im still playing around with how much to put on. Not sure weather its worth putting it on in the field as When i cover her whole hoof it only stays in the deep grooves. Its quite funny as she has left a trail of white on the way to the field :p

*Hoof-Stuff is advised for use in deeper, tighter holes in the hooves where it is deemed fabric would stay. With shallower holes Artimud is advised instead.

https://redhorseproducts.com/shop-2/hoof-care/artimud/

:)

xgemmax

Visit site
Thats good news! I've just started using it a couple of days ago for the same problem so hoping I have the same results :)

0310Star

Visit site
So my hoof stuff arrived! I cleaned her feet feet with diluted hibby scrub and then packed the gaps. Problem is that as soon as I turn her out its gone by the time she comes in!! She is now in at night so I packed the sulcus in each foot the first night she was in, it was all still in when I turned her out but by the time she came it it was gone again.

What am I doing wrong?!? :-(

galaxy

Visit site
I have been having this problem in the last week since the heavy rain. So annoying as was healing so well. I can tell it is still healing but at a slower rate :( my girl is still out 24/7 so her feet are not getting a chance to dry. She will be coming in in 3 weeks which I can't wait for as I think it will help a lot.

I have had to start doing it every day, which I am just about making work. Make sure you thoroughly dry the cracks before packing the stuff in and then squeeze as much moisture out as possible. Also don't fill the cracks to the very top, only do the deepest part, it seems to make it more secure and less easy to flush out in the wet field.

0310Star

Visit site
Thanks, I will give that a go! I started trying it when they were out 24/7 and as soon as the mud arrived it just fell out so I held off until they came in this weekend. I had been filling the crack to the top so I will try using a little less and see how that works!

galaxy

Visit site
I don't know why using less works.... But it seems to for me.

Even if she comes in without the plugs, it does seem to clean out very easy so it's still better than nothing I think. Just wish I discovered it in the summer!

Kikke

Visit site
Ok so me and my hubby are very experienced in using it after last winter :)

Anyway what worked best for us and the big boy was.
1, clean central sulcus with I would say sole cleanse from red horse but ok hubby scrub
2, get some cotton bulbs or something else to stuff into the central sulcus making sure it's as dry as possible
3, remove cotton bulbs and press in hoof stuff balled up. you don't want to to bulk out bust just about visible en the get a dry cloth and press it on top. This will remove any excess moisture which makes it not stay. And make sure you put in enough because believe me the central sulcus can be really deep!

Our boys lives out and we used it all winter last you in the mud and this way we could keep it in for 2-3 days. And also make sure it really is all out because it gets so disgusting you sometimes don't notice it's there. Good luck keep it up.

RobinHood

Visit site
I look after a NF pony that had a central sulcus split deeper than the end if a hoof pick so about 1.5" and apparently very sore. I've been using field paste for 6 weeks and it's completely healed.

There's a discount code for field paste at the moment, FP20%

weebarney

Visit site
I look after a NF pony that had a central sulcus split deeper than the end if a hoof pick so about 1.5" and apparently very sore. I've been using field paste for 6 weeks and it's completely healed.

There's a discount code for field paste at the moment, FP20%
Thanks for the code!