Reflective brushing boots for hacking?

hnmisty

Visit site
I think woof wear do some.

I think it is much better just to kit out in tabbard and exercise sheet tbh, I think the reflective boots are a bit of a fad. Probably useful for riding in the dark, but then again I'd never go out in the dark!

humblepie

Visit site
I have some of the woof wear ones. I have been told by drivers that they appreciate them as they are more in the eye line of where they are looking.

sjb10

Visit site
I have some of the woof wear ones. I have been told by drivers that they appreciate them as they are more in the eye line of where they are looking.

Yes I got mine after seeing the reflective boots of a horse a long way ahead. Rider did have reflective coat etc but overhanging trees meant I couldn't see that immediately!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I have a hind pair which I put on a fuzzy if doing roadwork or hacking out in fog.
(I dont have to do any roadwork as part of my usual hacking, only if I want to go further afield)

I also wear a 'Dickies' fluoro lined jacket (like police issue without their labelling), dog walkers can see me coming for a long way when wearing it :)

flintmeg

Visit site
I'm another one for the woof wear ones, I actually need to buy some more as I lost one the other day. They were 6 years old roughly and knackered. I have used wraps over boots but didn't fine them as effective. :)

asmp

Visit site
I have some woof wear ones. Easy to use but they didn't last long before they all cracked and looked tatty. Still use them but wasn't overly impressed with quality. If you get some make sure they don't get too cold and brittle when not in use.

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Visit site
I adore the woof wear ones and have had mine for years for my pony. My horse has too much bone for them though so I use the legacy ones which have longer straps.

Pascal96

Visit site
I use wraps (don't use boots) because a non horsey friend told me that the first thing he noticed when driving was the legs moving. This was because sitting in a car your eye line is much lower.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I also use wraps. I have the WW boots and the Legacy boots, but I much prefer the wraps as the boots make the horse's legs hot.

These are the ones I have (V-bandz), they really do catch the eye as the horse moves.

New-style-deluxe-V-Bandz-for-Central-Horse-News.jpg

ETA - I got pony size as I wanted to be able to use them without boots underneath.

catkin

Visit site
I use wraps (don't use boots) because a non horsey friend told me that the first thing he noticed when driving was the legs moving. This was because sitting in a car your eye line is much lower.

Agree with this - not only drivers but also cyclists and walkers have commented on them, they are moving and in the eyeline so often the first bit that catches the eye (also a bit of a 'what is THAT!' moment I guess which grabs attention)

I have some woof boots that have lasted for years but like the wraps on the natives as they are not used to wearing boots.

You can sew reflective strips onto the straps of 'normal' boots - this works well too

Griffin

Visit site
I have some woof wear ones. Easy to use but they didn't last long before they all cracked and looked tatty. Still use them but wasn't overly impressed with quality. If you get some make sure they don't get too cold and brittle when not in use.

I found the same with mine as much as I liked them. I now use reflective strips (I think V-Bandz) because I find them quicker to put on and easier to clean.

starryeyed

Visit site
Another vote for Woof reflective boots! I always hack out in them and they positively glow in low light / rainy conditions. I used to use the wraps but as I always put brushing boots on my mare anyway it made sense to invest in the woof boots. I wash them whenever they get muddy and they come up looking brand new, really impressed with them. SecondSkin also make hi-viz brushing boots which are also very bright.
When I've been driving and have seen some hi-viz on a horse (rare around here!) the boots were the first thing I noticed due to the movement.