refunds with a vet cert

nickyb

Visit site
does british eventing give a refund with a vets certificate? haven't got my rule book to hand. said neddy has just come out of walmsleys and is off games for rest of season. trouble is i was entered up at a couple of events, one of them being a 1* and lots of money. anyone help???

TiaPony

Visit site
It depends when you withdraw and if they are running a waitlist. Sometimes you get lucky
smile.gif

Joss

Visit site
If you withdraw before the ballot date you are entitled to a full refund, if its after the ballot date it is at the organisers discretion. You can find rule book on www.britisheventing.com under downloads on left hand column.

Hope horsey recovers quick.

sw123

Visit site
All I can say is dont hold your breath. I wrote a cheque for £485 for Houghton inc stabling/mains hook up etc. Withdrew 10 days before and had a vets and farrier letter. They said they'd "do something" Well, about 3 weeks ago (so how long after houghton is that?) after a huge amount of pushing from my part i got a cheque for £130 - great!! I know you dont get stabling cost back but the event was so full they put on an extra day, i didnt use any hook up and i just think its a bit of an insult really.

AnShanDan

Visit site
It's an absolute killer having to withdraw, esp. from 3 days. I think it almost makes eventing into a sport for the rich, who can afford to lose so much money??? Wouldn't it be better if we paid a little more each event so that we could def. get refunded if a horse was withdrawn for a genuine reason?
Also, if I ever needed to withdraw now I'd wait until the day of the event just in case it cancelled.

Foxfolly

Visit site
I was entered up for Skipton withdrew just after ballot date and got entry fee minus £10 admin fee back as they were oversubscrided and had a wait list. So was relieved about that!

BE will hopefully give me a refund for the horses membership as I have a vet letter and he's is out for the rest of the season and he hasn't actually competed in any BE this year so far which is why I'm entitled to a refund. Not sure if I'd get anything if he had!

I'm waiting to see if they will postpone my personal membership to next season as I haven't done any this year either and have no other horses to compete... they said they might be able to but no promises!! Fingers crossed as I'm skint!!

bennsboy

Visit site
Did get about two thirds back with a cert at the start of the season so its worth a try.

Wonder if the proposed new insurance levy for next year will cover this sort of problem as well as wet weather.

Thinking of calling it a day with BE its getting far too expensive and too difficult to get your planned runs!