Regionals Update

Sparklet

Visit site
Thanks for all the good wishes and I though the least you guys deserved was an update on the day.

There I was parked in the car park after an interesting journey - lorry bouncing about in the wind. Declared and pulled horsey off the lorry.

Removed travel boots which promptly flew across the yard chased by husband. The saddle cloth needed two of us to hold it down until a firmly girthed up saddle did the job.

We all had our heads tucked under during the walk to the arena as by now rain had joined the wind and was falling sideways.

The ambient music playing in both the warm up and test arena was completely drowned out by the hammering rain and gusting wind rattling the panels, windows and shutters in the arenas, but I was thankful that all was indoors. By now my lovely black shiney horse looked like a wet labrador!

....my test, marks?.....well I went for a safe test and walked too early so my marks were a disappointing 64.17% and I ended up about 12th. My girl was an absolute star and in retropect I know I could have asked for a bit more.

There were some very flashy horses there and the competition, even at prelim is incredible. Some looked so sat on their hocks their back legs looked shorter than their front ones by several feet! There were riders who were apprenticed to olympic level dressage riders who were born on horseback

I'm in my mid 40's, didnt start riding till I was 33 - I work full time and ride when I can. My horse is an ordinary riding horse - not bred for dressage so I am not going to beat myself up.

Anyway onwards and upwards..I have half qualfied for the summer regionals and am entered for another qualifer next week.

Good luck to anyone else qualified

Tempi

Visit site
thats why im not taking Bloss to the elementary regionals, even tho we've qualified......the competition is so tough that theres just no point in me going.

however you did briliantly and thats such a good score for the regionals - WELL DONE xx

OliveOyl

Visit site
Wow, I'd be well pleased with a mark like that from the Regionals! I thought about you yesterday in the awful weather, not conducive to good dressage results really.
Seriously well done!

Sparklet

Visit site
.....dont forget the .17% its important
grin.gif

Thanks to all of you for being so nice. I have some lovely pictures anway and she looks fab unlike her slightly rounded mum!

Sparklet

Visit site
grin.gif
grin.gif
the photos are printed so I dont think I can upload them...dont have a scanner at work...I am tempted to go back and get the CD on Sat and if I do will post them.

They do look great though...not a whiff of wet labrador so she must have dried out. I would like a bit of air-brushing around the thigh and stomach area though.
wink.gif

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
Well done, a very respectable score.
grin.gif

It is always slightly disappointing when you know that you could or should have asked for more but it's always easy to say that after the event!
Maybe if you'd asked for more you might have got tension instead but who knows?

We are always encouraged to ride boldly, not to play safe, but to do that you have to accept that you might really c*ck up and so only you can decide if it's worth the risk.

Sparklet

Visit site
You are right and I could easily be reporting that she flipped as we went down the centre line and the test went downhill after that. She is 7/8 TB so can get tense.

I must admit if I were to go and do it again I would take the risk though. I know exactly what I will get with a safe test..a safe mark. The risk takers always steal the day if it pays off.

I've nothing to lose really.

Hey but it was all great fun and I had a huge bunch of merry supporters who whooped and clapped as I finished which was really nice.
grin.gif
We all shared a nice bottle of fizzy wine afterwards.

star

Visit site
64% is fab and 12th is really good too. I was 25th at Novice at last yr's winter semi's on a similar score and was really pleased. I would never stand a chance of winning at the regionals, but as long as i went and did my best then i'm happy.