Registered TB?

dianchi

Visit site
Dunno if anyone can help?

I have a Iridh TB that i bought without papers 6 yrs ago, i was told that she raced in Ireland, but tbh it wasnt her breeding i bought her for.

A friend at our new yard said u can blood type them as all pure TB are blood tested/DNA at birth and the details are all kept.

I just wondred if anyone had ever done this and knew how it was done???
Ive had a look on the weatherby website but couldnt find anything about it, all ideas/comments appreciated.

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
To blood type them you must have the name of the mare because obviously the sire has more than one offspring for any one year.
They will then get your vet to take a blood sample, and they send it off to make sure that DNA matches the supposed parents. It costs about £80, but do give them a ring they are very helpful.

clipertyplop

Visit site
I have just purchased an Irish TB, who is 5 yrs old she came with papers, DNA ect, also has a microchip, any chanch your horse may have one? just a thought!!!!!!!!

dianchi

Visit site
I have no papers what so ever. Hence why i wondered if DNA testing would work?
She is microchipped and passported but i did all that after buying her as it was 6yrs ago i bought her.

Is there some sort of form i need to complete or who do i talk to about trying to find out