Regumate . When to start in mares cycle

debsflo

Visit site
After some advice please.
My mare has ulcers returning and as she is very marish and displays difficult behaviour every 3 weeks we are trying a course of regumate to see if this makes any difference.
Vet advised i wait until she comes into season which she has and behavoiur worse,distracted super sharp and spooky normally combined with kicking stable walls and difficult on the ground.
How soon can i start Regumate?
A day or do i let her come out of season then start?
Also how quickly am i likely toi see a change if it works.
TIA.

Notimetoride

Visit site
Regumate has totally saved my sanity !! And believe it or not, whilst pricey, is cheaper than the gazillion 'hormone supplements' she was having (and not working). Hope you get the result you're after

debsflo

Visit site
Fingers crossed.She has been double barrelling the brick stable walls today so is going to injure herself,
Weve turned her out for now but at the end of my tether and bank balance. YO has suggested i discuss ovariectomy as well as her behaviour is extreme.

Notimetoride

Visit site
Fingers crossed.She has been double barrelling the brick stable walls today so is going to injure herself,
Weve turned her out for now but at the end of my tether and bank balance. YO has suggested i discuss ovariectomy as well as her behaviour is extreme.

Really ? I too had considered that and even discussed it with the vet but I am just afraid to take away some of her 'zest' (not sure what to call it). We do dressage and she has real presence and i would be afraid to affect that permanently. So for now we're sticking with a Regumate. I don't like the stuff at all but it's totally turned my mare around and maybe one day we can come off it .

Equi

Visit site
Do people still do marbles? I have no idea. It used to be the suggested thing, but i have not heard of it in a while

Kikke

Visit site
Regumate has totally saved my sanity !! And believe it or not, whilst pricey, is cheaper than the gazillion 'hormone supplements' she was having (and not working). Hope you get the result you're after

I agree with this, it may be expensive stuff but not much more expensive then all the supplements I have tried over the past few years that did nothing at all!!