Regurgitation - Raw feeders

0310Star

Visit site
Ahh bless you Sonjafoers, thanks for the offer of help :)

I have just spoken to the vet she she has said she is going to get the behaviorist at their other surgery to give me a call, she wants to try and keep her on raw as she does so well on it (which is really positive to hear from a vet!) and try the behavioral route first as she is still sure it isn't megaesophagus which I completely agree with, she has said to try and ignore her when she does it in case she is doing it for attention and just try and hold out and see if that gets her over it until we can speak to the behaviorist.

And if all of that fails it will be back to kibble :( Oh well, I guess its whatever makes her happy and most comfortable!

Aru

Visit site
Given that she is also small for her age I would seriously consider an xray to rule out megasophagus or a stricture.

Not every dog presents in a classic way and id rather see it ruled out then pursoe behaviourist for what may be an anatomical problem. For peace of mind if nothing else.If all looks fine then its all well and good.

But given she had a few warning signs.1 small for its age.2 regurgutating when given larger pieces of food 3 but fine on kibble(smaller food particles and liquids are tolerated better than large) is worth checking to see all is normal internally.

dollyanna

Visit site
It might be worth joining the raw feeding rebels group on fb, they cover all versions of raw diet inc with veg and no veg, complete or homemade, and I am sure that there is info about regurgitation in raw fed dogs being quite common. I have left the group now as wasn't using it any more but it was always a well maintained group without the usual arguments that often ensue on dog sites! https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rawfeeding.rebels/?fref=ts