Rehoming help needed

Crazy Friesian

www.stablepeople.co.nr
Hi, I really need some help here please.

Due to an impending radical change in my circumstances I need to rehome my dog. He is a very sweet Staffy x, 3 year old, neutered. I think he is crossed with something lighter as he is not as stocky as a full breed Staffy.

He has been with me about 2 years. I got him from a rescue centre where he'd been for some time and hadn't been doing well in there so I want to avoid him going back to a kennel situation.

He is very friendly and great with horses. I wouldn't recommend a home with cats though.

I have always struggled to upload pics onto this site and at the mo my pc is definitely a bit fragile to say the least. But I can send you pics from my phone or links to my fb site.

If you think you can help, please let me know. This is hard enough as it is and will likely involve rehoming my horses too so please don't judge or criticise. Thankyou.

Lunchbox legend

Visit site
Sorry to hear you're about to have such a drastic change.

Your first port of call should be the rescue centre you got him from. Usually, they have people sign a form that states the dog still belongs to them for the rest of his/her life and should be returned to them if the adopter can't look after him/her anymore.

If they say just go ahead and rehome him, you could go here http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?act=idx where there are hundreds of people/rescues who can help.

You probably already know about the dreadful things that can happen to dogs advertised on some sites (Gumtree, Preloved for e.g.) where there is no rescue back up/homechecks etc. - especially given that he is part staffy.

Hope it all goes well.

Crazy Friesian

www.stablepeople.co.nr
Thanks for the reply LL. :) I am DESPERATELY trying to avoid him going back to a kennel situ. It was hell for him in there and the "training" was totally inappropriate for him...

I don't really want to go into detail about what I have and have not done already. It's a little irrelevant. Not that I don't appreciate your suggestions.

I don't really want to put out a "general notice" because as you say it is just too risky. If I could take him with me I absolutely would. It's just not going to be possible or even vaguely appropriate.

I thought I would ask in here as (for the most part) HHO ers are a great bunch and generally very supportive.

I'd appreciate it if people would share amongst friends they thought were responsible and experienced enough for a lil guy with a big heart and lots of energy.

Blanche

Down the road,up the hill,second gate on the left
Visit site
Message Cayla on here as she sometimes puts private rehomes on her site ,though I'm not sure what the rules are on this . She may be able to give you some ideas on what to try . Good luck with rehoming him . I hope your situation improves too .

ETA Great minds MM .

Last edited: