rehoming police horses

silverstar

Visit site
Where do they go after they finish working for the Police? Would you be able to take one on for light comps/hacking etc.?

My friend had one years ago so just wondering.

indiat

Visit site
I enquired about this a couple of years ago and I was told that horses for sale are the ones that failed the training, retirees are normally given on permanent loan to homes well known and trusted by the police. I could be wrong though!

indiat

Visit site
I honestly cannot remember. The best thing to do is to phone the met and talk it over with them. Things may have changed since I was interested.

KingCharles

Visit site
we have one on our yard, he left the force after being diagnosed with uvitus (sp?) that made him loose hsi sight in that eye. He belongs to a horse charity and the person on our yard has him from them on permanant loan. Has had him for 10 years now.

Achinghips

Visit site
I have insider knowledge here. I have known many go through word of mouth (from someone in charge who works with them) to close personal friends:mad:

sweepeep

Visit site
I saw two ex MET horses for sale at Reading Sales a few years ago. These sales are well worth a trip and are on the first Friday of the month. Run by Thimberley and Shorland. Google them for details...