Relieved to have the girly back home...

Blue-bear

Visit site
Meggy has been in and been speyed today, shes back home now and is very quiet and sleepy as i expected. Im just relieved everything went ok....

I hate leaving them at the vets...she was in all day and i have thought of nothing else and all the what if's...is that normal??
confused.gif
crazy.gif

Anyway pointless post really, and now i have to find a way to keep a usually VERY active mostly outdoors border collie quiet and on strict rest, any ideas much appreciated
confused.gif

mattilda

Visit site
She will be a bit sore for a few days so may (may) be a bit quieter for a few days anyway. Maybe keep her on a lead for a bit. I can't remember having major problems with any of mine (have had 3 done). If I remember rightly the stitches are out after 10 days so not too long.

Goya

Visit site
No brilliant ideas but lots of luck coming your way. It was bad enough keeping a Lab quiet and to stop her jumping around.
I had to take her in the garden on a lead for her toilet for a couple of days and obviously no walk for a day or two, then on lead.
She was so funny with her collar, she had no spatial awareness at all and kept bumping into things with it.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Lead walk only for ten days, annoying as that is!

I had B in the house for fortnight (vets was closed for holidays) and it actually wasn't as bad as I thought. He is too big to get on the furniture so that wasn't an issue.

Lots of brain games, hide her ball etc, Kong toys, chew toys, and keep everything nice and caaaalm.

Blue-bear

Visit site
Yep they said strict rest for 3 days then start some lead walks after that and back to them in 10 days. Which is fine but she never goes on a lead and never really has done as we live on the yard so shes just gets let straight out for the loo etc, so it may take her some getting used to, going to the loo on the lead.
She hasnt moved from her bed as yet and ive just fed her a bit of chicken by hand
frown.gif

I am actually seriously hoping this might help her put some weight on and keep it on