Relocating Inverness shire

twiggy2

Visit site
I am soon to be moving to Inverness shire, it's a big move for me, anyone in the area willing to give any hints, tips or advice?
I would love to be able to chat/meet up/have a contact or 2 in the area.
I will be looking for a hors fix or work with horses so any help in that area gratefully recieved too.
I currently provide freelance services with dog and horse care/house sitting/dog training and work part time as a vets receptionist and will be looking for some work in the area, plenty of good references avaliable.
I have put this here as no responses in the Scotland forum

coss

Visit site
Lots of horsey places up in the area- sure you'll find plenty of people/horses. There are 3 BD venues I know of within about an hour of inverness. Not so sure about jumping as i'm further east

spacefaer

Visit site
It's quite a horsey area with a strong Riding Club and Pony Club, I found they were quite into their dressage and showing, but Ernest Dillon goes up reasonably regularly for show jump clinics. There are several livery yards, with an emphasis on "practical" horses - Highlands and similar, rather than many competitition types as you might see down in England.

I'll pm you with some names who might be useful to you.

northernnewfiediva

Visit site
Hi, we're about thirty miles east of Inverness and there is a thriving horsey community all across the Moray Firth area. Bad news is no BS nearer than Inverurie, although there is an Academy and some BS Club jumping around Inverness. There are plenty of Riding Clubs, providing something for everyone. Burgie and Scotsburn run BE but there is a few unaffiliated at various venues, again more toward Aberdeenshire really. Horse numbers have grown massively in recent years and there is a fair bit of livery around outside of Inverness itself. Main things are that while the weather is pretty good, spring is later than down south and you have to be prepared to travel to compete! Feel free to pm if you want any more information - happy to share what I know.