Relocating saddle fitter!!

samwiltshire

New User
Visit site
Hi everyone

So as the name suggests I am possibly relocating. At the moment I'm freelance teaching and also saddle fitting. My only concern is that I am planning on moving to Gloucestershire which I know is a very horsey county, but is it already full of good saddlers or is there a demand for it??? I'm currently mainly just doing checks and reflocks/repairs and trying to stay away from saddle selling as everywhere seems to only sell new and that's not what I find 85% of my customers want ! So my plan is to develop a purely second hand saddles business with a fitting service provided. My question is do you think there is enough work for me on that side of the country? Currently in Kent and there's enough I'd say, just don't want to make the leap and regret it!!! TIA :)

Flummoxed

Visit site
While I cannot guarantee that such an enterprise could be successful (as that depends on any number of variables), I would say that there could be plenty of potential customers within the Gloucestershire area. Yes, there are a number of good saddlers in the location. No, they don't always have a good selection of second hand saddles.

Good luck.