Relocating to Bristol

Grinchmass

Visit site
It appears today that I've been given a provisional job offer from Bristol (bs34) - I currently live in Cheshire. So all being well I'll be moving to Bristol for a graduate job come september.

I am going to start researching livery yards, as it means I'll have to move the pony, 2 cats and my oh. I have no idea of livery prices that way, but would need a stable and a ménage, probably DIY or assisted... Anyone live in the area able to offer any wisdom?

On the Hoof

Visit site
Hi
I pay £320 half livery but not sure how typical that is. Bristol is expensive for everything mind.

Suggest you join the bristol and south west horse information facebook group, you will get loads of info and reccs as to best yards if you post on there.
Good luck

kaiserchief

Visit site
Congratulations on the job offer! Bristol's a great place to live with lots of horsey things going on. Severn Vale, Cotswold Edge and Berkeley Vale Riding Clubs are all pretty local to the BS34 area, and there are plenty of local shows/competitions/events/etc around here. There is a good choice of local vets too (I use Bushy Equine who are expensive but very good).

I'm based in BS35 and keep my pony on a DIY livery yard about 10 minutes' drive away. I pay £22 per week for a stable and all year round turnout (24/7 in the summer and in overnight in the winter with a sacrifice paddock to allow daily turnout, whatever the weather). We have two members of staff who aren't expensive and they can cater for up to full livery if required (I've just been away for a week's holiday and didn't worry about the pony once as I absolutely 100% trust the yard staff).

We have a secure tack room, feed/storage areas, outdoor school and common room with a toilet and kettle (luxury!) There is also trailer/horsebox parking available if required. We're also within easy riding distance of the Old Down Toll Rides (http://www.olveston.com/clubs-and-societies1/leisure/old-down-toll-rides).

We have one stable currently empty on the yard (although I don't know whether someone's already booked it but just hasn't moved in yet) so please feel free to PM me if you'd like to know more. I can also advise on good/bad places locally.

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
It appears today that I've been given a provisional job offer from Bristol (bs34) - I currently live in Cheshire. So all being well I'll be moving to Bristol for a graduate job come september.

I am going to start researching livery yards, as it means I'll have to move the pony, 2 cats and my oh. I have no idea of livery prices that way, but would need a stable and a ménage, probably DIY or assisted... Anyone live in the area able to offer any wisdom?

Hello, that is very near me, plenty of yards about, I pay £137 per month for paddock and stable on DIY, everything else is extra, PM me if you want any more info, there are cheaper yards about too :)

Grinchmass

Visit site
Thanks guys :)

I'm not looking to move til what looks like September but I'm starting to look ahead now, oh has an assesment centre mid june in Bristol, so I may venture down with him and have a look around. I'm usually really disorganised in general, but thinking I'll need to get things sorted as its a big move for us. Also ponies happiness is a priority to me. Also finding good livery, farrier and vets is a big priority to me. As well as finding somewhere to live obviously :redface3: ...

Also at home I currently have amazing friends that I can trust with my girl while I'm away, but in Bristol we won't know anyone, so having someone trust worthy is a must... I won't have family and friends to count on when I need to go away for a week.