relocating to Hove - livery recommendations please

wingedhorse

Visit site
Looking for livery for next year, within 20 minutes of Hangleton, Hove, East Sussex as my job is relocating in June.

Seeking livery with 20 x 60 school, good hacking, well draining turnout not on clay. Any recommendations. Or yard names to look up? Happy to join waiting list. For two geldings that do bit of dressage and endurance. Consider private yard or livery, flexible on type of livery arrangement.

Places suggested so far, Keeper's Cottage - Hierspurstpoint, and New Barn Farm, Portslade - if anyone knows either of those?

Equally happy to know where to avoid, PM me.

Also recommendations of where to live, also within 20 minutes of Hangleton, Hove much appreciated.

Many thanks

tiga71

Visit site
Think we have a mutual friend as she has just messaged me to pick my brains about this very issue and the same requirements!

New Barn Farm is massive, about 100 horses if I am thinking of the same one. Don't know much about it other than it is right on the Downs so fab hacking but the fields don't have much shelter. It will be on chalk and well draining though.

I have just moved to Truleigh Manor Farm with my two geldings. It is just near Fulking and right at the foot of the Downs. Our fields are nicely sheltered with hedges. It is DIY but I have a lady who does assisted for me. Takes about 20 minutes to get to top of the Downs. Does have a school but not sure what size it is. I would say normal size - I don't school much except for lessons. I do endurance too and the hacking is perfect for getting them fit. About 25 horses in our part of the farm. Farm has 400 acres and can ride the fields if the gates are open so loads of places for canter work. Pretty basic but seems ok. Quite relaxed about how to keep your horses. Mine are in small herd but some people have individual turnout or pairs. I live in the middle of Brighton and it takes me 25 minutes to get there usually. Probably about 20 minutes from hangleton.

wingedhorse

Visit site
Think we have a mutual friend as she has just messaged me to pick my brains about this very issue and the same requirements!

New Barn Farm is massive, about 100 horses if I am thinking of the same one. Don't know much about it other than it is right on the Downs so fab hacking but the fields don't have much shelter. It will be on chalk and well draining though.

I have just moved to Truleigh Manor Farm with my two geldings. It is just near Fulking and right at the foot of the Downs. Our fields are nicely sheltered with hedges. It is DIY but I have a lady who does assisted for me. Takes about 20 minutes to get to top of the Downs. Does have a school but not sure what size it is. I would say normal size - I don't school much except for lessons. I do endurance too and the hacking is perfect for getting them fit. About 25 horses in our part of the farm. Farm has 400 acres and can ride the fields if the gates are open so loads of places for canter work. Pretty basic but seems ok. Quite relaxed about how to keep your horses. Mine are in small herd but some people have individual turnout or pairs. I live in the middle of Brighton and it takes me 25 minutes to get there usually. Probably about 20 minutes from hangleton.

We do indeed have a mutual friend LK?

Thanks Truleigh Manor Farm sounds interesting. Would you be able to PM me postcode / website / contact details?

Is it also chalk fields? And is it bridleways to the Downs? Or lanes?

Thanks

wingedhorse

Visit site
You could try New Barn Farm, by the Jack & Jill Windmills at Clayton. It's right on the South Downs Way.
There is another New Barn Farm over near to Portslade area also on the South Downs Way.

Thanks, have details for second. Do you have website / postcode / contact details for first yard? And do you know any others suitable? I did try to PM you but mailbox full.
Thanks