Remember to have your contact details findable

sarahann1

Visit site
Hiya,

A wee plea/reminder.

I was at a competition where it was unfortunately required to get in touch with next of kin and organise getting a horse home without the rider/driver of the box.

Please anyone who goes out and competes, even if it's with a mate, have your emergency contact details in the window of your car/lorry, preferably more than one number/name to contact. Hopefully it'll never be needed, but if it is, it makes life much easier for or concerned.

Ta folks :)

Overread

www.flickr.com
I thought most competitions of potentially dangerous sports/events would require next of kin details as part of registration for events; or as part of club registration (if the event itself is held for a club rather than open admission).

That said certainly not a bad idea to have contact details in the lorry/vehicle or even on ones person

Overread

www.flickr.com
Put ICE (in case of emergency) on your mobile phone and give appropriate number.

Make sure if you do this that you don't lock your phone or that the In Case of Emergency contact details are on the case. Otherwise you've got the details and no one can access them.

Addicted to Hunting

Visit site
Used to have ICE number on my lock screen, now with the newer iPhones you can access it even when it's locked by pressing emergency. I also have just purchased an ICE wristband, and out hacking my helmet as an ICE sticker on it. We've had the contact details on back of our lorry for quite a long, partly so that when we where competing if a horse was upset someone could ring us, and also now out hunting we can be rang if lorry need to be moved.