Removing Tick please help!!!!!

Visit site
I took my horse to a clinic today and when we got there she had a tick just above her coronet band , a lady moving poles in the clinic saw she was bleeding and squeezed where it was.
Then a tick came out , it was an accident as she dident know it was a tick.
What can I put/spray on it to stop infection ????????
Please help!!!!!

Landcruiser

Visit site
Are you sure it was a tick? Animals don't normally bleed when ticks are attached. Could it have been a little scab? Or a little puncture wound with something in it? Ticks are on the outside, they look like a grey tag of skin, no blood.

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
My cats get ticks all the time but it is not so common in horses.
You should have a basic first aid kit, ask your vet for a purple spray and get a few self sticky bandages and animalintex from a horsey place. Some salt to make a saline solution [ add boiling water and allow to cool]

Gentle_Warrior

Visit site
Tick first aid

Tools = pair of tweezers, cotton wool pad, vodka

The surgery = grab the little b*g*r, careful not to grab skin, pull gently and twist to the right, stamp said opponent outside of field or stable to death. Soak cotton wool on vodka, apply to area tick was. Hold for a few seconds. Pack away. Job done.

You might get strange looks when your grooming kit has vodka in it! !

ozpoz

Visit site
Don't pull ticks, you'll leave the mouth parts in, and if you squeeze them you are injecting your horse with tick contents.
Invest in a little plastic tick fork (looks like a miniature ragwort fork) and turn a few times in one direction. It will loosen its grip. Horrible things.

Visit site
Thank you all so much , if the lady knew it was a tick then she would of used tweezers its just that we were rushing because of the clinic and the lady saw she was bleeding and brushed her hand over it to see what it was and it came of in her hand.

Thank you I have tweezers back at the yard in her first aid kit and I'm definitely getting a tick twister/fork to carry on rides so this does not happen again