Renegades better than gloves?

willhegofirst

Visit site
My boy has easyboot gloves at the moment, great boots had them some time, but where we are now is very stoney, quite large stones and he does seem to feel them through his boots at times, would the renegades be any better? They seem to advertise them as good trail boots.

supsup

Visit site
I've tried both, and prefer Gloves. I would say the Renegades have a more rigid shell though, so probably less flex in the sole, but they are not quite as tight-fitting as Gloves.
I'd be pretty surprised if he is actually feeling stones "poke" through the sole of the Gloves - they are not that flexible. Could it be the uneven ground and "tilting" of the hooves (for lack of a better description) that is causing the discomfort? If so, I doubt a different make of boot would solve the issue, and a less tightly fitting model might actually be worse. Or maybe you need to replace the shells on your Gloves if they are very worn?

In the end, I think Gloves and Renegades are comparable in terms of their performance, and they mostly differ in the details. Different people will prefer one over the other for a variety of reasons, I expect.

paddy555

Visit site
I'd be pretty surprised if he is actually feeling stones "poke" through the sole of the Gloves - they are not that flexible. Could it be the uneven ground and "tilting" of the hooves (for lack of a better description) that is causing the discomfort? If so, I doubt a different make of boot would solve the issue, and a less tightly fitting model might actually be worse. Or maybe you need to replace the shells on your Gloves if they are very worn?

\I prefer renegades as they have better grip IMHO however I don't think they will cure the problem you describe. I would look at the suggestions above ie are the shells worn? One of mine appears to feel the stones but that only happens on deep rocks where he is standing partly on a rock and then moving to another rock at a different angle. As he doesnt' feel it on flat rocks I put it down to the angle.