Renting a Livery yard help!! Advice needed Please!!

floydrowleyted

New User
Visit site
Hi
Please also remember this yard is £3,500 exclusive of rates water electricity, you will also need insurance and any damages will need replacing the list is endless, i know of this yard a really lovely yard but way too expensive, ok yes it could earn a lot of cash eventually if you could fill it with full liveries going price around this area between £750 and £800 but then you will need staff, this again you will need employers insurance, you will need an accountant, well you would need one of them anyway, and what happens after the 3 year lease is up will they just kick you out, ( I know its 3 years as I have enquired myself about it) thank you very much for building a business for the owners, you need to ensure you are protected as remember after all you would have spent time and money building the business, another thing that concerned me was that you locked in to the lease for a year so if you didnt get the clients you would still owe the rent!! including rates etc I would say you need to be covering £4,000 per month plus wages for this to be viable, you could actually be bankrupted in a year good luck if you proceed.

EquestriVan

Visit site
Is this the place that used to be called C.C? if so i think the name put people off!!!!

there is a really lack of decent yards in our area so i think it could work but not at the price. Maybe they would do something were you take it on in stages? Does it have schools?