Reolink options HELP

expanding_horizon

Visit site
Hi,

Trying to figure out the difference aside from price between PT, PT plus, ultra PT aside from price.

For field use, I’d like to cover whole long field ideally (under an acre but long). No wifi or mains power.

I can see ultra is twice the resolution as non ultra but does it use battery twice as fast?

What benefit is plus over PT?

Any clever ways to set up without trees or buildings?

Thanks

rextherobber

Visit site
I've only got the PT, (I bought it before the others were available - it's quite old now, so can't help with the difference between them) Without buildings or trees, you'd have to put up a high post. I've found that without cover, the camera lens gets fogged up with mist, rain etc, so I'd have some sort of roof thing over it. Mine is up on the stable wall, but under the eaves, which keeps the weather off, but you do occasionally get an annoying spider sitting on the lens! I can see down to the bottom of the field ( 3 acres) not brilliantly if the horses are right at the bottom of the field, but good enough so you can see they're still there /the right way up. Hopefully someone will be along soon to help you with the differences between the cameras. ( if your field is narrow, the ordinary fixed position Go camera would probably do?)

expanding_horizon

Visit site
I've only got the PT, (I bought it before the others were available - it's quite old now, so can't help with the difference between them) Without buildings or trees, you'd have to put up a high post. I've found that without cover, the camera lens gets fogged up with mist, rain etc, so I'd have some sort of roof thing over it. Mine is up on the stable wall, but under the eaves, which keeps the weather off, but you do occasionally get an annoying spider sitting on the lens! I can see down to the bottom of the field ( 3 acres) not brilliantly if the horses are right at the bottom of the field, but good enough so you can see they're still there /the right way up. Hopefully someone will be along soon to help you with the differences between the cameras. ( if your field is narrow, the ordinary fixed position Go camera would probably do?)

Thanks. As it’s long field, I was thinking 355 degree panning camera on post in middle. Don’t think reach to far end from other end? I can’t see but maybe I need more height to see to far end? (It is slight slope too).

spotty_pony2

Visit site
I’m also looking at reolinks. Does anybody know if the ultra has the option for a SIM card and WiFi in the same model? I can just about get WiFi at the stables but not sure if it will be strong enough so need a back up plan but not sure on whether all models offer both options.

meleeka

Visit site
I’m also looking at reolinks. Does anybody know if the ultra has the option for a SIM card and WiFi in the same model? I can just about get WiFi at the stables but not sure if it will be strong enough so need a back up plan but not sure on whether all models offer both options.

No it’s one or the other unfortunately.

meesha

Visit site
Hi can't help with the difference between them but I have 2 X PT plus. Both with solar panels and sim cards (we use smarty Sims, u can get away with £4 a month) as we have no mains or WiFi.

I look at the cameras all the time and they don't run out of solar or use alot of memory. They will use alot of both if you have it set to record and have motion detection on and it's pointing at the horses. I only use motion detection if I've got it pointed at the gate where the horses can't go.

Hope that helps... They r great, swivel, zoom, night function. Slightly addictive viewing though 😁