Reputable Dealers in the South? (and budget??)

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Please be very careful in reading dealer returns policies.
One dealer mentioned above is very clear on this but their terms break basic consumer trading standards time limits.
Some have given positive posts but imho that dealer is extremely economical, I wouldn't recco, have been there a few times in recent years accompanying others as their 'knowledgeable friend' and have been quite under impressed.

VioletStripe

Visit site
Yep Martins still trading - start at around £12k now though. As far as I am aware they just have one new one at the moment but that can change quickly and they don't hang around there.

I still have my Clip Clop boy and such a pity Emma not trading anymore, but having just sold a horse privately I can understand why - some buyers are a nightmare!

Irish Horse Imports have a new batch arriving this Friday.....

Interesting! I will give them a call in the future and see - I remember them having a very good rep and their horses flew off the shelves.

How funny you also have a Clip Clop one! What a small world - and I agree. Sometimes I think about stopping the career and starting a little horse business, and then I quickly convince myself out of it ;)

VioletStripe

Visit site
Please be very careful in reading dealer returns policies.
One dealer mentioned above is very clear on this but their terms break basic consumer trading standards time limits.
Some have given positive posts but imho that dealer is extremely economical, I wouldn't recco, have been there a few times in recent years accompanying others as their 'knowledgeable friend' and have been quite under impressed.

Interesting... I have a feeling I know which but could you PM me? I wish we could speak more freely!

Michen

Visit site

Michen

Visit site
If anyone can sense check horsequest ad 250060 i would be grateful, can’t tell if it’s the angle or the feet seem odd.

Mildlander

Visit site
I bought from Sue at Duckhurst Farm 4 years ago and would go back there again if I ever need to, horse exactly as described and she was straight forward to deal with. She brings in Irish horses. - Not to be confused with court case of
dodgy dealing associated with same address.
A bit further afield but Chilver Farm Stables in Norfolk, I nearly bought from there but decided I didn't want something quite as green as the one I looked at. Again straight forward to deal with.

But I think with all horse buying you need to keep your eyes open and your wits about you!!

PurBee

Visit site
Oh heck my fingers are twitching.

Do not need another connemara. Do not need another connemara. Do not need another connemara.

i thought of you michen when i saw her!
i had to post it, as id love to see this horse grow up, and i know there’s connie lovers on here ?

Isnt she lovely!

PurBee

Visit site
My goodness!! What a beauty... My heart is melting already :eek:

I haven't heard of this site before?!

its an irish site - selling everything, not just horses - but is used a lot for horse sales in the equine section. Often times there’s mainly just stallions at stud listed, very green youngsters, and the occassional beauty!...like this dreamy connie!

irishdraft

Visit site
Abbie Hart Hart Equine is at Lockskinners in Chiddingstone sevenoaks . She has mainly hunter / all rounder types .

VioletStripe

Visit site
I bought from Sue at Duckhurst Farm 4 years ago and would go back there again if I ever need to, horse exactly as described and she was straight forward to deal with. She brings in Irish horses. - Not to be confused with court case of
dodgy dealing associated with same address.
A bit further afield but Chilver Farm Stables in Norfolk, I nearly bought from there but decided I didn't want something quite as green as the one I looked at. Again straight forward to deal with.

But I think with all horse buying you need to keep your eyes open and your wits about you!!

Chilver Farm look to have some very green horses which I would love to bring on but I am trying to be really strict with myself :cool: :rolleyes:

That's interesting! I've heard of Sue at Duckhurst before but I've always shrugged and never looked into them as I know the 'Duckhurst' name has a bit of a sticky rep. Is Sue separate from them?

Bernster

Visit site
Just read your shopping list again OP and you are after what I’d want as well! If you find any good uns that don’t quite suit (dealers or horses), let me know. I keep seeing 16.2 plus, seems to be a gap at the smaller end.

Bernster

Visit site
Im always a bit wary of done deal and dragon driving, don’t think I’ve got a good enough eye for the wheat amongst the chaff!

My friend is trying to persuade me to head over to Ireland for the sales - even more dangerous I should think!