Reputable Dealers in the South? (and budget??)

Nicnac

Visit site
I've always wanted to do this!

I've done it at Goresbridge and didn't buy. It's quite intimidating. The problem now with buying from Ireland are the import costs, one of the reasons why prices have increased. If you can go over and visit reputable dealers, the purchase price will be cheaper than buying an import here however once you add the cost of importing, travel and accommodation plus time off work if applicable, I'm not sure it's worth it any more.

The dealer you mention in your very first post has just had some rather negative feedback. Always worth a search on Dodgy Dealers before parting with any money to anyone.

VioletStripe

Visit site
I've done it at Goresbridge and didn't buy. It's quite intimidating. The problem now with buying from Ireland are the import costs, one of the reasons why prices have increased. If you can go over and visit reputable dealers, the purchase price will be cheaper than buying an import here however once you add the cost of importing, travel and accommodation plus time off work if applicable, I'm not sure it's worth it any more.

The dealer you mention in your very first post has just had some rather negative feedback. Always worth a search on Dodgy Dealers before parting with any money to anyone.

That is a very good point - also the 'hassle' as well, when it could be easier to have this included in the price I pay someone else who does it professionally! I would love to give it a go one day, with more time and money allowing.

I have seen the post, and I am undecided regarding it - dodgy to me in terms of not returning, but I had seen the advert in question and also think it's early days... however, maybe not a suitable horse for the rider - which brings us back to, 'is it the right person to go to to find the right horse for me'? Lots to think about, and I will definitely be thoroughly searching on groups before committing viewing horses on yards. I always bring an instructor and experienced friend along anyway and get bloods taken with full vettings - but this is making me nervous all over again! Why do we do it to ourselves?!

Annagain

Visit site
There are a few dodgy dealer pages on Facebook - which ones do people think are the best, or do I join them all ??

I joined the 3 biggest I think but it soon became obvious that one was just a giant witch hunt so I left that one sharpish. You need to treat everything on there with a healthy dose of cynicism and form your own judgements.