Rescue attempt of horses from flooding?

Dobiegirl

Visit site
It was an absolute farce by the RSPCA, there were 10 lorries lined up by horse owners offering to help and the RSPCA turned down the offer as they had a tractor pulling a pig trailer, there was only one light working and no number plate. It took them 7 hours to move those horses 6 ft and this info is from one of my friends who went down there to help. The Inspector was rude and wouldnt give his name and on his own admittance had no horse experience.

Bertieb123

Visit site
It was an absolute farce by the RSPCA, there were 10 lorries lined up by horse owners offering to help and the RSPCA turned down the offer as they had a tractor pulling a pig trailer, there was only one light working and no number plate. It took them 7 hours to move those horses 6 ft and this info is from one of my friends who went down there to help. The Inspector was rude and wouldnt give his name and on his own admittance had no horse experience.
Good old RSPCA again, one thing I was wondering is the woman that is mentioned (Linda Laidlaw) the owner and known for neglect or something (sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick here) people seem very upset about her and to be honest the horses do look in good condition, not that that was an excuse to allow them to get stranded in floods though

competitiondiva

Visit site
https://www.facebook.com/LazyblueskiesPhotography/posts/598052293575553 Something I just came across I understand it relates to a failed rescue of horses in Dorset from flooding.

As with any story on facebook take what you read with a pinch of salt as it will not be a balanced view.... Comments balancing out the story are easily deleted. From what I've read in the papers who are accountable for what they say ALL horses were successfully rescued, and from dealings with some horse people I've had I'm not surprised by the attitude of "they didn't know what they were doing" because of course every horse owner thinks they know best and everyone else is wrong!!!! One of the stories regarding the "trailer" I read says the owner turned up with an unsuitable trailer, which the rspca prevented her from using....

Bertieb123

Visit site
As with any story on facebook take what you read with a pinch of salt as it will not be a balanced view.... Comments balancing out the story are easily deleted. From what I've read in the papers who are accountable for what they say ALL horses were successfully rescued, and from dealings with some horse people I've had I'm not surprised by the attitude of "they didn't know what they were doing" because of course every horse owner thinks they know best and everyone else is wrong!!!! One of the stories regarding the "trailer" I read says the owner turned up with an unsuitable trailer, which the rspca prevented her from using....
I posted the story as it was posted to me and quite frankly some of the utter disgusting comments aimed at the owner were unforgivable as many would not have even known this lady!:mad: I was interested if anyone knew the FACTS of this incident. As I said in a past post I mentioned the horses looked well and not neglected, it would seem the owner (elderly lady at that) had asked RSPCA for help, ok I not a big fan of the RSPCA after personal dealings with them in the past, but they also had some shocking abuse via Facebook aimed at the inspectors on the scene, saying they were rude and disrespectful and worse personal comments directed at individuals, well sorry after seeing some of the comments from the so called experts on the scene I doubt they were all innocent of verbal abuse and certainly were not equine experts either. The powers of social media eh, it would also seem a page of hate was set up against the owner of the horses (elderly lady) only to be taken down with grovelling apologies and replaced with another page offering help to the lady:rolleyes:, if only people would stop and think or get the facts before they act. Hopefully the water has receded and the horses are ok. As for the so called experts, Experts in everything and Masters of none. As I said I not a great fan of the RSPCA but realise their hands are tied in certain situations and this was one, and i do not believe what i read in the papers either.:)

Last edited: