Resident Livery Yard Weirdo's

pnap

Visit site
Does every yard have one - mines has had it's fair share. The woman who's horse had specially made fleece pyjama's which had legs which could be velcro'd on (she claimed it was so he would sweat his coat off). Bearing in mind this thing was a beast of a clydesdale cross in cream fleece pj's with sheep on it he looked absolutely ridiculous.

Then there was the one who mucked out her stable over the wall into the next one (which was on full livery) so that she didn't have to deal with barrows. Finally got thrown off out when YO eventually caught her in the act.

Now it's a bloke - who has spent the best part of the Xmas break staring into Jacks stable as he's convinced he's an ex-National winner. Eh hello - have you seen my horse move faster than a sloth?

Anyone else got tales?

JS65

Visit site
We had one that used to go down to the yard at 4pm so she could have afternoon tea and cream scones with her horse.

We also had one that got up extra early everyday to bath her horse before she went to work, and i mean, everyday!!!!!
blush.gif

Halfstep

Visit site
Oh yes we have one certified nutcase. Actually itss a bit sad as she probably has all sorts of mental health issues unresolved, but unfortunately she takes it out on her horses and other liveries. Its awful really.
frown.gif

Ambypamby

Visit site
I want to come to your yard! id have a right laugh!
laugh.gif
there is a few strange ones where i am but nothing too wierd. that poor clydsdale cross i bet he had a right complex! although there is a huge man at my yard with a young shire x and his Mrs makes him put pink over reach boots on her it does look funny when you see this 6ft 3 20 stone man leading his big horse to the school with pink overreach boots on. she is the sweetest horse too bless her. a funny pair!

adgetom

Visit site
we have one who claims she was a showjumper never heard of her she has 2 youngsters a coloured cob and a clydesdale and she just dissappears for weeks and everyone is left to feed her horses
she always says she is ill or in hospital or someone has died
we have another guy who used to jump ponies that puts his horses feed on the ground and has only 1 stable rug for his horse so he just puts her in the field with it aswell

Kenzo

Visit site
LOL...sorry just laughing at these posts, gosh were do you find them
grin.gif
our yard must be pretty boring as there all rather sane *thinks* dose that mean that I'm the weirdo then?
grin.gif

I do talk to the chickens and sometimes nurse them on my lap while watchng someone else in the school, if I could dress them in pink I probably would
crazy.gif

Vicki_Krystal

vpequestrian.weebly.com
We have one weirdo that is forever forgetting her keys to the tackroom but even if people are there she wont ask for a key - she just doesnt feed her pony
shocked.gif

She is a pain - everyone else looks after the pony as we wont see it go without feed, water and hay.
Her hay normally comes from someone elses pile as she never has any of her own and 3 days ago she left a massive note telling people to stop stealing her sugar beet!
She thought she was getting through to much - until people pointed out the beet was actually being fed to her own pony but as she never feeds it she wouldnt know!
confused.gif

lis2185

Visit site
My ex next door neighbour would catch her horses by sitting in the grass and wait for them to come to her. If they didn't she would assume they want to stay outside that day and would leave them to it. She would also poo pick with rubber gloves (not the stable - the field!) and in the end 3 of them got bad laminitis and were PTS. I only knew her to ever have 5 horses in her time there so that was quite bad!! The other 2 were sold on. Apart from her i'm in my parents field so i'm the only weirdo!!

Ruth_Cymru

Visit site
I love the thought of especially made fleece pajamas! That is some level of dedication to go to the effort of making pajamas for your horse!

Thinking more about it, maybe I'm the yard weirdo! I made a special fly mask for my horse for the field, I sewed a cotton ear cover thingy (I'm sure you can work out the ones I'm on about) onto one of those turn out fly fringes alog with an extra fly fringe sewn on, as the nats kept going in his ears and chewing on him- but there was a good purpose for it. I have also recently made horsey flap jacks with electrolite salts in them to try and tempt my horse to eat the salts- he was having none of it. oh dear, the more I think the worse it looks
smile.gif

Hippona

Visit site
We have a bloke who wanders around the yard in his slippers, puts his horse out in a stable rug and tells you about his bruised 'privates' caused by learning to trot.....he also takes his horse home for dinner ( possibly seated at a table rather than grazing on the lawn).....

annaellie

Visit site
On one yard we had a lady who could never ride her boy because my cat died, then the her auntie then she had migraine, then hurt her shoulder, back and so on then it would start all over again with the another cat died she must of had tons of cats and aunties. As they all seemed to pop there clogs.

lis2185

Visit site
Ah thats sweet! I regularly sew tea towels onto the nost band of my girls head collar, she has a very pink nose and it helps protect it when its really hot!! She doesn't appreciate it mind!!

Hullabaloo

Visit site
My old yard was massive so we always had a selection of weirdo's and even on our current small yard we always seem to have a yard nutter. As soon as one leaves we seem to get another straight away.
Highlights included the one who left full instructions of what to do if her horse died while she was on holiday, including where to scatter the ashes and what sort of new horse she'd be looking for! One who kept telling us her horse had navicular and was being put down any day now, when it turned out he was perfectly sound but she was scared to ride him. We decided our current nutter has munchausens (sp) by proxy as she was always finding things wrong with her pony - at least until the insurance ran out! She said he had only weeks to live, 18 months ago and he's still going strong. Mind you she hasn't paid any livery for him since she bought his replacement in summer '07, so maybe she's not so mad after all!

Every yard has its nutter. If you don't think there is one on your yard, then its probably you
grin.gif

Divasmum

Visit site
My God this post really made me laugh until my sides ached! Several decades ago I did know of a livery pony who had rugs which were crocheted and knitted especially. They were put on over the ponies head like a jumper. Bet the other horses took the p**s.

jnb

Visit site
My Mum (and I!) poo pick the fields with rubber gloves (well the reinforced red rubber gloves) as we both have dodgy shoulders and find it easier than using a poo scoop thingy.
Does that mean we are weirdos?!

niagaraduval

Visit site
Well I suppose we have a yard weirdo in the fact that the owner of this beautiful arab has bought her the BEST of everything, and won't stop buying her the BEST of everything, and she doesn't ever ride the horse herself she just watches other people ride her all the time.

TGM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
She would also poo pick with rubber gloves (not the stable - the field!)

[/ QUOTE ] What is weird about that?
confused.gif

bhpride

Visit site

Some of these people sound great charactors, love the pj idea
grin.gif
So long as they're not harming anyone or their horses you can't moan.

Sophiesmum

Visit site
I'm a member of the 'poo-picking fields with rubber gloves' group too. Didn't think we had anyone too weird on our yard - but maybe it's me!

catdragon

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
She would also poo pick with rubber gloves (not the stable - the field!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh dear
blush.gif
I must be a wierdo too then, as I poo pick with a scoop and a rubber glove. I find it easier to get all the "nuggets" out of grass wearing a glove than trying to catch it with a poo scoop fork...

I'll get me pills
tongue.gif

SDH

Visit site
friend at my yard ...... she did have a horse on loan, she didnt ride it for two weeks, then hacked alone, then complained it was a nutter ....... so loan horse went back, she bought herself TB and yep you guessed it, it was sweet to start with, then it had 10 days off and then her horse broncing and cantering on spot.
She had a horse a couple of years ago that she sold "cos it needed schooling daily before you could attempt to hack it out"
Does anyone else notice a running theme .....

SNORKEY

Visit site
I worked on a yard and one of the ladies who had her mare there on full livery made sure we stuck to her rules, she marked what hole the straps had to be done up on the rug, she used to get a spirit level out to make sure the banks were straight and deep enough, and we had to take her temperature all the time to make sure she was warm enough!
The list of her demands went on and on! Nightmare.