Residential riding holiday?

SecretAgentBilly

Visit site
I was thinking of going on a residential riding holiday this summer, I would love to do an 'intensive' dressage course or something similar but I'm struggling to find anything. Both of my horses are currently of of work so I would have to borrow a horse as well.
Does anyone have any recommendations for good places to go? Doesn't have to be dressage based and I like to jump and hack as well.

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
Yorkshire riding centre, Belinda does lovely breakfast.
It is a tad expensive, world class though.
Jane is a former international, everything is perfect, yet not OTT
Chris teaches jumping, he is an international too of course.
http://yrc.co.uk/
All the instructors are very experienced and talented, if you don't move up a level, I will be astounded.

Last edited:

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
I am going to Laneway Lodge, near Newry NI, its natural horsemanship and western riding, not sure if its going to be advanced, probably not, but well priced, with accommodation and I think it will be very different.
Fly to Dublin and get a bus from airport to Newry, or hire a car if you want to travel around.

Last edited:

SecretAgentBilly

Visit site
The Yorkshire riding centre looks perfect but I don't think they have school horses to hire out anymore which is a shame. I will have a look at laneway lodge, thanks.

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
Well you can ask, they had a big schoolmaster when I was there last, I am not sure what level he was at, but you can only ask. They might tell you where there is such a facility.