Resorted to drugs!

TeamChaser

Visit site
I was wondering how things were going TC. Hopefully you've just been busy and not injured but would love an update.

I have a youngster who was like this. Took him off haylage and he now has one net of hay in the day and one and a half at night. He has one scoop of 'Relax Me' in some Happy Hoof, morning and night. The difference is incredible. He is by no means is 'drugged', but the calmer seems to have helped him think things through before reacting... Usually in an explosive way.
He is calmer and seems a lot happier in himself and a lot more settled. Don't feel bad for having to resort to drugs, it's taken the edge of my boy and has made him a lot happier... and safer! x

Thanks both for your replies. Hugo is starting to settle again and hacked out on his own the other day with no drama. On hay now which I think has helped, and agree Char0901, the calmer just helps to stop him being quite so reactive and extreme. He seems more relaxed in himself generally. The traffic issue is going to take a while to resolve which is a shame, but we'll get there I'm sure

I know for next year that too fit + too much haylage = total pillock so will avoid that!!!

TeamChaser

Visit site
Weighing up whether to get more of the Potassium Bromide or stop completely. He was on 2 teaspoons x2 daily, now reduced to 1 teaspoon 2x daily. Will speak to vets I guess