Respiratory diseases in people who work with horses

Katie Gosling

New User
Visit site
Hello, I am a student studying Equine Business Management, I am doing my dissertation on the incidence of respiratory diseases in people working with horses. I would be really appreciative if you could spend five minutes filling out a small questionnaire.

Thank you in advance if you do!

(Please click on the link below to take you to the survey)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QM3BVMR

ladyt25

Visit site
Done but unsure if you are trying to find out IF having horses has caused resp diseases as it doesn't ask how long a person has suffered. I was diagnosed with asthma well before having horses or being around horses and I think actually having them/being involved with them (and hay, straw etc) has helped my symptoms due to building an immunity.

nix123

Visit site
I have filled in your questionnaire. But i have had asthma since being a child. I didnt have my own yard till i was 30. Being around horses or hay or straw does not in any way make my asthma any worse. Also i have never suffered with hayfever. Feathers and housedust set my asthma off. I think you need to add a lot more questions to get a balanced overall view.

Billy the kid

Visit site
Done- but i have asthma due to family genes, not from having horses.

Also the bedding and sweeping doesnt affect me much. The thing that affects me most is grooming.- (from the dust- not the physical action of grooming)