Rest in Peace Ace greyhound - 17.9.2014-18.11.2020

{97702}

Visit site
My worst fears were confirmed today when Ace went back into the vets for further X-rays - his lameness had significantly deteriorated over the last couple of weeks, and my wonderful vet Mike agreed this was the best thing to do. Sadly the X-rays showed significant changes in the bone structure of Ace’s shoulder which were very likely to be osteosarcoma, so Mike and I agreed that he should be PTS before he came round from the sedation from the X-rays.

Ace was a total unknown quantity when I took him on in April 2019, he had only been out of racing kennels for 2 weeks and he was very nervous and shut down when I brought him home. He box-walked for the first few days and I wondered what on earth I’d let myself in for! To see my big brindle fella blossom into a relaxed, happy, friendly and outgoing dog who greeted everyone with a wagging tail and smiling face was so incredibly rewarding, I just loved him so much. He had so much love to give and I loved him equally in return. He will leave a massive space in my life, it is so unfair that he got such a short time of being happy after a racing career in a vile kennel - why does it always happen to the good ones ?

ED50E745-EF0F-4ED5-9299-9390EF24FD10.jpeg795BC06C-2AC8-42DA-A081-936309605879.jpeg

NinjaPony

Visit site
So sorry, that's really heartbreaking. He was a lucky boy to have had this period of love and happiness with you, and to have an owner who put him first when it counts.

Bellasophia

Visit site
You must be gutted..I know you live and breathe your pack,when they are happy you sparkle.Im sad with you to hear your news,but in the greyhound racing world you take these dogs in knowing they come with baggage and heavy baggage at that.you are a brave one to pick up that load each and every time.
I’m so sorry that Ace didn’t get longer with you in the home he never could have dreamt was going to be so loving or wonderful for him.
Words are never enough,but please know I’m shedding a tear with you..Ace got to be cuddled,taken to Scotland torun in that magnificent forest,had a loving pack and best of all he had you.

Odyssey

Visit site
I'm so very sorry that you have lost your gorgeous boy. ? As you say, it's so unfair that he didn't have very long in a wonderful home after his horrible previous life. My heart aches for you, greyhounds have beautiful souls and I miss mine more than other dogs I've lost. I'm sure he was so grateful for the lovely life he had with you, and I hope that in time you get a little comfort from knowing that. Sending big hugs. xx

meleeka

Visit site
So sorry to hear this. He might not have had his perfect life for long but he was very lucky that he found you at all. If we didn’t love them so much it wouldn’t hurt as much.
Run free Ace xx