Rest in peace little Max.

RubysGold

Visit site
I'm so sorry :-(
I cannot imagine how you feel now. You tried so hard! That foal was so so lucky though, he got to be loved and was happy for those days before he passed.

Pen

Visit site
Tragic but you could have done no more for the darling boy. He looked so happy in your vid. You and your partners commitment and care gave him the very best chance of life. Look after yourself now.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
so sorry for you GG, after your own heartbreak max seemed like a lifeline for you and your mare....you and dan did everything you could for him. please look after yourself....

Nativelover

Visit site
So sorry to read this GG, you get some well deserved rest, and Dan too.
Little Max found great love and dedication with you, and he knew nothing of his end. No suffering which is something to be thankful for. You did a great job, take care both of you.

On the Hoof

Visit site
I'm so gutted for you both and the little man. You worked so tirelessly for him and he was so loved for a few days. Sending you the biggest hugs. Xxxx. RIP Max

Nikki26

Visit site
I am so sorry. Life is so very unfair at times. What a lucky boy he was so know such love and dedication. xx

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Oh no, I have just got home and immediately looked for your update, what a shame and I am so sorry for you all. RIP little man, at least you knew kindness and no fear despite very few days of life. GG and family, be proud of your efforts you all did your best.

Mosh

Visit site
I am so sorry for your loss. Life is so cruel. Max had a lovely 6 days with you where he was loved and cared for and he never felt a thing at the end. He went in someone he trusted arms and I wish every creature could have a life like max.
It was nearly perfect however short it was.
Hugs xx

Tyssandi

Veteran
Visit site
so sorry GG

poor little man such a cute little chap with his whole life ahead, Rip little man and run free over the rainbow :( gutted for you all

Fools Motto

Visit site
So so unfair. So sorry GG, but thank you so much for all the time and effort you and Dan have put into looking after the wee man, and sharing part of that journey with us. Keep playing up there little Maxy. x

GirlFriday

Visit site
I hope the little mare copes with it all ok. Must be hard on her losing her own then her foster baby too. RIP Max.

This. As a mother without her baby at present (tl;dr and anyway non-horsey) I can feel for the mother( figure)(s) of this foal with all numbers of legs.

Not OP (or anyone else's really) fault that separating mums and babies is a lousy outcome. I've tried bottle feeding abandoned babies before (different four legged species) and TBH not sure I'd want to again. But equally the alternative is unpalatable.

Best wishes.

Mariposa

Visit site
I am so so sorry to read this - my thoughts are with you all.

I've not heard of a foal having an allergic reaction ( our chestnut filly Paloma had to have plasma due to her early arrival ) - I am so sorry, sending my deepest sympathy to you x

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Oh no, sorry to hear this. You did everything you could to give him a chance and Jakki a foal to care for.

Now it is time to look after yourself. ((HUGS))

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Oh, I'm so sorry, they are so fragile at that age. For whatever reason, it just wasn't meant to be, maybe his dam knew - they often do. Poor Jakki, too. Fortunately mares are usually pretty down to earth.

ozpoz

Visit site
Oh, I'm so sorry to read this. What a rollercoaster you have had, you must be exhausted. Look after yourself, you did everything you could and more. x

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Oh hell. I am so sorry, GG. This is so upsetting. So sad. RIP little man. You may have been on this earth for a very short time but you were a very bright flame. Gutted for you, GG.

Durhamchance

Visit site
I'm so sorry and totally gutted for you. Life is so unfair sometimes. I hope you can get some rest GG and know that you did everything you possibly could xx