Rest in peace little Max.

Nici

Visit site
_GG_, how sad that Max had to go.
I hope your hack today took your mind off things for a little.
All the best for Jakki and Paulo, I'm rooting for them!

Ceriann

Visit site
Gutted - just loved seeing your updates and didn't expect to see this given he'd been on the up. You must have such a hole where he was - you did absolutely everything and more (he was clearly a contented little chap), which makes it all the more cruel.

Embo

Visit site
I've just logged on so am a bit late to see this sad news. I'm so sorry, GG. Poor little mite. Sending love and hugs x

Laika

Visit site
So sorry GG, you did absolutely everything you could for that little man. He would have only known love and fun, which is an absolute credit to you.

Sending all the love and cuddles your way.

_GG_

Visit site
Didn't get my hack...but the in laws have gone now so nothing stopping me. Oh, apart from the ragwort that has appeared in the hay field, so I'll be spending the evening pulling all of that up. Only had a few last year but quite a lot this year and it's just shot up after the rain...didn't even see any rosettes when I checked a couple of months back. Still...they're coming out easily so it's not an issue and the weather is lovely for the work.

I have two more Max videos, will do a new and happier thread as the initial shock is gone, I knew and prepared Dan for the chances of an orphaned foal like him not making it being quite high. I'm actually relieved he went under sedation and not in pain with a serious infection which would be most likely for him.

Hard, but having 19 other horses here and an absolute sheet load of field work to get done, there's no time to dwell. I was broken on Saturday, lost yesterday, but reflective today and very glad it was us who got to spend his life with him.

Thank you all. xx