Rest in Peace, Ned

Shantara

Visit site
On Friday, 28th of June, Ned went over the Rainbow Bridge.
He went down peacefully, with apple in his mouth and didn't fight it and I held him to the end.
His arthritis had got the better of him and he was starting not to enjoy life any longer. I have so many wonderful memories of that Nutty little horse, though I hoped I would have had longer with him. He taught me so much and there was never a dull moment!
So long Ned, until we meet again - your friends will keep you company <3
65754194_686336728492509_5355835513875988480_n.jpg

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
Oh Chan I'm so sorry to hear that. I remember when you first got Ned and have loved reading all about your adventures over the years. Run free Neddy x

be positive

Visit site
I remember when you first got him and followed your journey, have missed you on here recently and hope your life has just been too busy to have spare time to post, you loved him so much that was clear from your posts and have many good memories to hold on to, RIP Ned and take care of yourself xxx

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Really sorry to read this, Chan. I too remember when you got him. He was a lucky boy to have you in his life xxxxx

Mahoganybay

Visit site
I remember when you first got him and followed your journey, have missed you on here recently and hope your life has just been too busy to have spare time to post, you loved him so much that was clear from your posts and have many good memories to hold on to, RIP Ned and take care of yourself xxx

Be positive has wrote all the words I wanted too. I remember all Neds antics over the years, the love and devotion you had for him. Sleep well Ned and be kind to yourself Chan xx

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Awww Chan, so very, very sorry to hear this. I'm another who remembers you getting him and your love for this boy has shone through every post. Hugs, the right decisions are never easy xxxxxx
R.I.P Ned xxx

Merrymoles

Visit site
Like so many others, I remember your adventures with him. Look after yourself and take comfort in the fact that he was loved to the very last second. x

Shantara

Visit site
Thank you so much, everyone, I really appreciate it. I'm on holiday now, in Scotland with the dog! So this is a great distraction, I don't think I could be at home, especially working at the yard, but 2 weeks away should help. I also have Serenity waiting for me for when I get back.
I have lots of great things to remember him by - so many photos, most of his tail, a paint hoof print and hoof print in clay, a teddy and cushion made from his fleece (which, incidentally was the first thing I ever bought him) and some drawings from life that I did the morning he went. It was so painful knowing for a whole week that he was going, but it also gave me time to rationally think about all the things I wanted to do. He was spoilt rotten too! I must have spent about £20 on apples, carrots and mints in that week!
He was such a huge personality, who's left a massive hole in my heart, but when I feel better, I'll have so many wonderful memories to look back on <3

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
So sorry for your loss. Sadly the price we pay for having these wonderful creatures in our lives, is the way we feel when they leave us :(

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
another one who remembers you getting ned, you have done the right thing and it will get easier in time but we never forget them. hugs xxx

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Ah no, not Ned.....you always did right by him and loved him to the end, what more could any horse long for? Reste im pace Ned, you have my sincerest sympathy Chan.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
So sorry you've had to let him go Chan. One of my earliest memories on this forum was your Ned posts. You guys were a really special combination

Rip Ned xx