Restarting my boy tomorrow - wish me luck!

Fides

Visit site
I am planning on getting back on board tomorrow and am nervous but excited!

History - I've had him since he was 3 weeks old and backed him myself as a 3yo (in the December so he was 3y8m) and turned him away over winter. Had an unfortunate incident in the spring of his 4th year in that someone decided to leap on him bareback in the field - this resulted in him specacularly bucking when I went to reback him :( I turned him away to 'forget' (also to grow up a bit because I still didn't think he was ready) and then started again at the start of the winter and he was a different horse. He has had the winter off again and I am now planning on starting work with him for real just after his 5th birthday.

I've been long lining and lunging him for the past 4 weeks in preparation and plan on hopping on board tomorrow.

ETA - I've moved house and am still unpacking. I'm sure I will find my brave pants in one of the boxes...

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
If he's a different horse then I'm sure all will go fine. You won't need your brave pants, just wear a big smile when it all goes well instead!

Fides

Visit site
When you say different horse i hope you mean in a good way!

Have fun :)

Ha ha yeah - no bronking! He was like the horse I originally backed rather that the monster that was created by someone 'just having a bit of fun'. I just wish I had known the stupid girl had been bucked off before I restarted him the first time...