Restoring energy fields??

05jackd

Visit site
This popped up on my facebook today and I must admit I have never heard anything like this before.

I am naturally skeptical about 'alternative therapies' but with a herd of mis-fits and a broken husband I am always open to new ideas. Does anyone practice restoring energy fields? Has anyone had it done on themselves/ horses/ dogs?

To me it sounds like Reiki.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=927588832069289&set=a.195531801941666

baran

Visit site
As an ME/CFS sufferer, I have used a variety of energy therapies over the years. Some work, some don't. May be placebo effect but if it helps, who cares? Oddly, one energy therapist worked on our young cat who had suddenly stopped eating. Vets couldn't find out why and could offer no treatment. After one energy treatment, she was wolfing down food, clearly making up for lost time.

My advice would be try it and see.

Abacus

Visit site
As an ME/CFS sufferer, I have used a variety of energy therapies over the years. Some work, some don't. May be placebo effect but if it helps, who cares? Oddly, one energy therapist worked on our young cat who had suddenly stopped eating. Vets couldn't find out why and could offer no treatment. After one energy treatment, she was wolfing down food, clearly making up for lost time.

My advice would be try it and see.

Sorry to sidetrack but I’d be interested in knowing what works with your conditions, if you don’t mind sharing (I’ll PM you). I am not a sufferer but my brother is, and we’re always looking for potential positive experiences.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I always like to keep an open mind. Am a bit of a dabbler into New Age stuff.

Went to a chakra-cleanse workshop backalong thinking it would be a load of cr@p but actually found myself enjoying it.

Also interested in Aura's, and Astrology. Found out that I can actually do Water Dowsing too which was a bit of a surprise!

"Restoring energy fields" sounds like it might be Reiki based? Also something that a Crystal Therapist might be working with. I'd be inclined to have a go - provided of course that it isn't hugely expensive - as a lot of New Age things do tend to be.

baran

Visit site
It’s hokum … unscientific Bollox but expensive so makes an excellent placebo and gives you someone to talk to for a bit but nevertheless twaddle
Actually not that expensive in my experience. Not conversation based - usually fairly quiet sessions. It is easy to criticise people for using these therapies when you don't suffer from a chronic illness which conventional medicine has no answers or treatment for.

onemoretime

Visit site
Actually not that expensive in my experience. Not conversation based - usually fairly quiet sessions. It is easy to criticise people for using these therapies when you don't suffer from a chronic illness which conventional medicine has no answers or treatment for.
Ive heard of a lady by the name of Sarah Brown I believe she is in Scotland. She does Reiki from a distance. People say that have had great success from it. Has anyone used her?

blitznbobs

Visit site
I don’t criticise the people I like to live in a world of facts. Every study on these therapies show that they are the same as placebo … placebo has its place but it is what it is… and how do you know I don’t suffer from a chronic illness… ??

planete

Visit site
The most useful thing I learnt from years of ME was patience and pacing myself. If you fight it you end up in a worse state and actually slow an eventual recovery. Finding strategies to boost your spirit are absolutely vital. It does not matter what it is or how wacky it may seem, if it makes you feel more peaceful, more relaxed and hopeful use it. It is different for everybody. I cannot do wacky as my too rational mind would be sneering all the way but somebody else might find it useful.

baran

Visit site
The most useful thing I learnt from years of ME was patience and pacing myself. If you fight it you end up in a worse state and actually slow an eventual recovery. Finding strategies to boost your spirit are absolutely vital. It does not matter what it is or how wacky it may seem, if it makes you feel more peaceful, more relaxed and hopeful use it. It is different for everybody. I cannot do wacky as my too rational mind would be sneering all the way but somebody else might find it useful.
I found it quite amusing that one of the energy therapists who helped me was a biologist. She found it infuriating that she couldn't offer a rational scientific explanation for what she was doing!

baran

Visit site
I don’t criticise the people I like to live in a world of facts. Every study on these therapies show that they are the same as placebo … placebo has its place but it is what it is… and how do you know I don’t suffer from a chronic illness… ??
Apparently in Germany it is quite acceptable for a doctor to prescribe a placebo, as long as they explain to the patient that it is a placebo.

blitznbobs

Visit site
Apparently in Germany it is quite acceptable for a doctor to prescribe a placebo, as long as they explain to the patient that it is a placebo.
This is true and even if you know it’s placebo it still works … the nocebo effect is an equally fascinating thing … interestingly placebo works better if it is expensive and painful…

Last edited:

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

And even if they do, it still measurably works. The power of the mind is a wonderful thing.