Retirement Livery - any recomendations?

CPW

Visit site
Looking for a suitable retirement livery for my horse, does anyone know of anywhere and could recomend? Personal experiences preferred! Ideally in the South East/East Anglia/East Midlands.

Thanks in advance!

Lynds

Visit site
I put my horse with Lydia Harvey in suffolk whilst i went away travelling for 18 months, she was well looked after and it wasnt very expensive.

The only minus was her passport was lost, so make sure you keep a copy! (although if you are in the country presume you can keep hold of it??)

i dont have her number to hand, but look her up on line. she deals in horses too i believe.

kerilli

Visit site
someone else asked me this a few months ago, i recommended henryhorn, she's in the West Country BUT the set-up is just perfect (loads of pics of fields etc on her blog) and her rates are v v reasonable. friend's horse went there and afaik she is very happy with the care etc he is getting.

cbmcts

Visit site
http://www.essexhorseretirement.co.uk/

http://www.lydiaharvey.co.uk/index.htm?subj=Retirement+Livery

Top one is in Ingatestone

Bottom link is for Lydia Harvey
smile.gif

foraday

Visit site
None around where you want but Devon

Monshall Retirement Livery! Natalie very recommended and has a holiday home down there so you can make a 'holiday' whilst you visit your horse.

Essex Boy

New User
Visit site
Looking to place an old mare into a retirement livery, looking at Lydia Harvey's place at Oak Farm, Brandeston, Suffolk. Anybody got any views or experiences of her or her yard that they'd like to share? Horse is a canny old stick so I'd like to know she is going to be looked after. Feel free to PM me.

maisie2011

Visit site
If you are thinking of a retirement home for your horse make sure you have a contract with the livery you choose.

Make sure in the contract there is agreement with both yourself and the 'carer' on what their policy is concerning medical treatment and who's decision it is that it is time to call it a day and PTS. If you have strong feelings on how your horse should be destroyed - bullet or injection - make sure this is included in the contract and how the body will be disposed of at the end.

Also ensure there is reasonable access to visit your horse, and make sure you visit regularly. To be honest if you are unable to visit frequently to check on welfare consider PTS instead of retirement.

gg86

New User
Visit site
Maisie2011 reading your post I was wondering if u put your horse in retirement livery and had a bad experience.. As I had a very bad experience with retirement livery and still looking for justice for my horse!